Topics

WDG025 13cm pre-amp datasheet?

Graham - G3YJR

Does anyone have some information on this pre-amp? I'm wondering what voltage supply it will function with. I might need to reduce from 24V?

Graham

Michael Scott

Hi Graham

I built his 13cm converter for Oscar 40, and I think all Charlie’s modules were designed for 12V.  Presumably the preamp has a voltage regulator in it , so add about 3v to the voltage of the regulator and that will give you the minimum, supply voltage. Most regulators work up to about 30v input, but you have to derate their current to avoid overheating. Google the data sheet and it will tell you.

Hope this helps.

73, Mike, G3LYP.

Sent: Tuesday, August 6, 2019 2:59 PM
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io
Subject: [UKMicrowaves] WDG025 13cm pre-amp datasheet?

Does anyone have some information on this pre-amp? I'm wondering what voltage supply it will function with. I might need to reduce from 24V?

Graham

Graham - G3YJR

Mike,

I had tried a search & got some interesting links on white dry grout!

The uW group link to Charles' website is a dead link. Apparently Plusnet has shut down the site. I can believe this as they have done the same to mine several times.

I can't see a regulator on the top side of the board & the lower side is protected with a soldered-on lid.

I'll search on.

Thanks for the voltage advice Mike.

73 Graham

Graham - G3YJR

Thank you for the email information. I probably have the information that I need now.
Graham

Graham - G3YJR

Mike, from the instructions it looks like it will have a 5V regulator, so probably good up to about 20V in. I can use a 13.8V rail, so I should be fine.

Thanks for responding.

73 Graham