Topics

Re SG Labs 2.32Ghz transverter

Dave

Hello,
I am trying to separate the tx/rx lines in the SG labs 2.32ghz transverter . I understand that some soldering is required to make a connection on the board but the instructions seem very vague. Has anyone done this mod?
Dave (G4GLT)

militaryoperator

Its a little link, shown on the diagram that came with the set or on their website. 

Needs a tiny iron as its an smd link. 

Looking at the set, sockets on the left, its just in from the 2nd socket down, needs moving I think from horizontal to vertical, or vice v etc. 

Ben.

-----Original Message-----
To: UKMicrowaves <UKMicrowaves@groups.io>
Sent: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 16:34
Subject: [UKMicrowaves] Re SG Labs 2.32Ghz transverter

Hello,
I am trying to separate the tx/rx lines in the SG labs 2.32ghz transverter . I understand that some soldering is required to make a connection on the board but the instructions seem very vague. Has anyone done this mod?
Dave (G4GLT)

militaryoperator

I didn't want to risk mine so used a relay on the single o/p. 

B

To: UKMicrowaves <UKMicrowaves@groups.io>
Sent: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 16:34
Subject: [UKMicrowaves] Re SG Labs 2.32Ghz transverter

Hello,
Dave (G4GLT)

Tom GM8MJV

Dave

Yes have done so - it’s very simple - move a smd 0 ohm resistor over

Think the latest manual on web site shows it clearly as I just did it a week ago

If need more details (and I doub’t you will) ask

Tom

--
73’s

Tom
GM8MJV (IO85)

On 11 Jun 2019, at 16:34, Dave via Groups.Io <drdavidnewman=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hello,
Dave (G4GLT)

militaryoperator

looks to be from vertical to the horizontal. 
sglabs.jpg

To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io <UKMicrowaves@groups.io>
Sent: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 16:47
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] Re SG Labs 2.32Ghz transverter

Dave

Think the latest manual on web site shows it clearly as I just did it a week ago

Tom

--
73’s

Tom
GM8MJV (IO85)

On 11 Jun 2019, at 16:34, Dave via Groups.Io <drdavidnewman=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

> Hello,
> I am trying to separate the tx/rx lines in the SG labs 2.32ghz transverter . I understand that some soldering is required to make a connection on the board but the instructions seem very vague. Has anyone done this mod?
> 73
> Dave (G4GLT)
>
>
>
>

Dave

Thank you very much Ben and Tom for your advice. I think I have it now and understand what I have to do. That is very kind of you both.
73 Dave.

On 11 Jun 2019, at 16:47, Tom GM8MJV <@Tom8MJV> wrote:

Dave

Tom

--
73’s

Tom
GM8MJV (IO85)

Hello,
Dave (G4GLT)

Tom GM8MJV

Dave

Look at the current docs -   http://www.sg-lab.com/TR1300/tr1300.html

The pictures are much more obvious (Should be attached I hope)

Tom

--
73’s

Tom
GM8MJV (IO85)

On 11 Jun 2019, at 17:26, Dave via Groups.Io <drdavidnewman@...> wrote:

Thank you very much Ben and Tom for your advice. I think I have it now and understand what I have to do. That is very kind of you both.
73 Dave.
On 11 Jun 2019, at 16:47, Tom GM8MJV <tom@...> wrote:

Dave

Tom

--
73’s

Tom
GM8MJV (IO85)

On 11 Jun 2019, at 16:34, Dave via Groups.Io <drdavidnewman@...> wrote:

Hello,
I am trying to separate the tx/rx lines in the SG labs 2.32ghz transverter . I understand that some soldering is required to make a connection on the board but the instructions seem very vague. Has anyone done this mod?
Dave (G4GLT)

Dave

I’ve done it now and was a lot easier than I thought so thanks for that.
73 Dave.

On 11 Jun 2019, at 22:29, Tom GM8MJV <tom@...> wrote:

Dave

Look at the current docs -   http://www.sg-lab.com/TR1300/tr1300.html

The pictures are much more obvious (Should be attached I hope)

Tom

--
73’s

Tom
GM8MJV (IO85)

On 11 Jun 2019, at 17:26, Dave via Groups.Io <drdavidnewman@...> wrote:

Thank you very much Ben and Tom for your advice. I think I have it now and understand what I have to do. That is very kind of you both.
73 Dave.
On 11 Jun 2019, at 16:47, Tom GM8MJV <tom@...> wrote:

Dave

Tom

--
73’s

Tom
GM8MJV (IO85)

On 11 Jun 2019, at 16:34, Dave via Groups.Io <drdavidnewman@...> wrote:

Hello,
I am trying to separate the tx/rx lines in the SG labs 2.32ghz transverter . I understand that some soldering is required to make a connection on the board but the instructions seem very vague. Has anyone done this mod?
Dave (G4GLT)

<PastedGraphic-1.png>