UK Microwave Group mm-wave contest - Sunday 22nd October

John Quarmby

The final session of the UKuG 24, 47 and 76GHz contests takes place this Sunday, 22nd October, from 0900-1700z (1000-1800BST).

The weather forecast is not good, with gales in many places and some rain likely to feature too, so I'm not expecting a big turn out, but if those planning to take part would like to post their plans I can collate them.

73

John G3XDY

Keith GW3TKH

GW3TKH & G4HQX will be operating in the 50Mhz AFS contest on Sunday.

Weather dosen't look too promising for /P on any band, but at least we'll
be inside a van!.
Good luck to any mm'terists who venture out.

73
Keith

The final session of the UKuG 24, 47 and 76GHz contests takes place this
Sunday, 22nd October, from 0900-1700z (1000-1800BST).

The weather forecast is not good, with gales in many places and some
rain likely to feature too, so I'm not expecting a big turn out, but if
those planning to take part would like to post their plans I can collate
them.

73

John G3XDY

---

Noel G8GTZ

I was planning to go out for the 24GHz section but this will depend on the weather and activity from other operators.

Noel – G8GTZ

The final session of the UKuG 24, 47 and 76GHz contests takes place this
Sunday, 22nd October, from 0900-1700z (1000-1800BST).

The weather forecast is not good, with gales in many places and some
rain likely to feature too, so I'm not expecting a big turn out, but if
those planning to take part would like to post their plans I can collate
them.

73

John G3XDY

---

g4bao

Looks like I'll be lonely again. I'll be QRV on 24GHz from home. If anyone is around I'll have the 76GHz kit and could take it out or loan it to someone. Contact me off reflector to make arrangements.

73 John

On 18 Oct 2017 21:57, "G3XDY g3xdy@... [ukmicrowaves]" <ukmicrowaves@...> wrote:

The final session of the UKuG 24, 47 and 76GHz contests takes place this
Sunday, 22nd October, from 0900-1700z (1000-1800BST).

The weather forecast is not good, with gales in many places and some
rain likely to feature too, so I'm not expecting a big turn out, but if
those planning to take part would like to post their plans I can collate
them.

73

John G3XDY

---

G1DFL

I was originally planning on going out on 24GHz this Sunday, but didn't realise it clashed with the JOTA station I'm running this weekend - trying to get some more young folks interested in our great hobby!

I plan to take 24GHz out for tests in the low-band contest on Sunday November 19th so hope to work some paths then.

Regards..Pete
G1DFL

On Thursday, October 19, 2017 11:43 PM, "g4bao john@... [ukmicrowaves]" wrote:

Looks like I'll be lonely again. I'll be QRV on 24GHz from home. If anyone is around I'll have the 76GHz kit and could take it out or loan it to someone. Contact me off reflector to make arrangements.

73 John

On 18 Oct 2017 21:57, "G3XDY g3xdy@... [ukmicrowaves]" <ukmicrowaves@...> wrote:

The final session of the UKuG 24, 47 and 76GHz contests takes place this
Sunday, 22nd October, from 0900-1700z (1000-1800BST).

The weather forecast is not good, with gales in many places and some
rain likely to feature too, so I'm not expecting a big turn out, but if
those planning to take part would like to post their plans I can collate
them.

73

John G3XDY

---

Barry Lewis

If the weather is not too bad and it doesn’t look like I’ll get stuck in the mud I will set up the 24GHz loan gear at Burwood Farm just above Guildford:

G4SJH/P.

Loc: IO91RF65

Time: From around 12:00

Talkback: KST

73

Barry

G4LDR

I will not be active for the mm-wave contest on Sunday 22nd October. I have just had an operation on my left foot and apart from not being able to walk far at the moment, it will be another three weeks until I'm allowed to drive. (Also access to some of the local portable sites such as Hackpen is closed from the 1st October until 31st March each year).

Good luck to those who do venture out.

Neil, G4LDR

Noel G8GTZ

Last minute update – I will be out at a site near Mere in IO81UC working G4UVZ on 5.6 and 10GHz ATV but will also take the 24GHz and can stop on the way home if any of the southern stations are around – looks like 1 QSO could win the day!

I’m available on 07881914287

73 Noel G8GTZ

The final session of the UKuG 24, 47 and 76GHz contests takes place this
Sunday, 22nd October, from 0900-1700z (1000-1800BST).

The weather forecast is not good, with gales in many places and some
rain likely to feature too, so I'm not expecting a big turn out, but if
those planning to take part would like to post their plans I can collate
them.

73

John G3XDY

---

Roger Ray

With original plans to travel to Sheffield upset by the weather.
I will be active for a short period near home in Essex.
Mainly 24GHz, but will have 47 & 76 available.
Likely locations from 1pm local:
Danbury JO01GR
Bushy JO01HP
Hanningfield JO01GP

All locations a bit unknown, and wx dependant

Rpger
G8CUB