10GHzPortaBeacon On

Andy G4JNT

I'm currently on Crabwood farm, Near Winchester IO91HB75 running the new 10GHz PortaBeacon

JT4G 10368.350 (Tone zero)   tune 10368.3492

Using a 20dB horn with takeoff to the north, but currently pointing West.   Any requests for tests, my mobile no is 07576 765856.
Complete blockage toteh east from this location, but if anyone wants, I can drive round the corner later see if there is a path in that direction

Andy  G4JNT

Andy G4JNT

Now pointing north.
I'll leave t there
 'jnt

On 19 July 2016 at 20:09, Andy Talbot <andy.g4jnt@...> wrote:
I'm currently on Crabwood farm, Near Winchester IO91HB75 running the new 10GHz PortaBeacon

JT4G 10368.350 (Tone zero)   tune 10368.3492

Using a 20dB horn with takeoff to the north, but currently pointing West.   Any requests for tests, my mobile no is 07576 765856.
Complete blockage toteh east from this location, but if anyone wants, I can drive round the corner later see if there is a path in that direction

Andy  G4JNT

John McCarthy

Sorry Andy but early start tomorrow prevents me from looking tonight but if your about Thursday find a spot and point towards France as Andy is about and at least three stations UK side see the thread on the Yahoo forum for more details. On a side note hope to have full tx/rx for JT tomorrow if last component turns up.

John

On Tue, 19 Jul, 2016 at 20:31, Andy Talbot andy.g4jnt@... [ukmicrowaves]
wrote:

Now pointing north.
I'll leave t there
 'jnt

On 19 July 2016 at 20:09, Andy Talbot <andy.g4jnt@...> wrote:
I'm currently on Crabwood farm, Near Winchester IO91HB75 running the new 10GHz PortaBeacon

JT4G 10368.350 (Tone zero)   tune 10368.3492

Using a 20dB horn with takeoff to the north, but currently pointing West.   Any requests for tests, my mobile no is 07576 765856.
Complete blockage toteh east from this location, but if anyone wants, I can drive round the corner later see if there is a path in that direction

Andy  G4JNT

Andy G4JNT

So no one was interested in the test apart from G0API,  who received the signal very strong though trees and decoded immediately.  And one other to apologise for not being able to get on.

I'll be generous and assume either you were doing the 1.3GHz AC event  or were out in the garden relaxing with a barbecue and drinks after that one day of lethally hot weather we've just had.

But still think I'll concentrate on LF - there, a lot more people listen out for transmissions all the time.  And nowadays there is even operation in summer, normally considered a poor time of year for LF operation due to noise levels  - seems it isn't, after all.

Andy  G4JNT

On 19 July 2016 at 20:31, Andy Talbot <andy.g4jnt@...> wrote:
Now pointing north.
I'll leave t there
 'jnt

On 19 July 2016 at 20:09, Andy Talbot <andy.g4jnt@...> wrote:
I'm currently on Crabwood farm, Near Winchester IO91HB75 running the new 10GHz PortaBeacon

JT4G 10368.350 (Tone zero)   tune 10368.3492

Using a 20dB horn with takeoff to the north, but currently pointing West.   Any requests for tests, my mobile no is 07576 765856.
Complete blockage toteh east from this location, but if anyone wants, I can drive round the corner later see if there is a path in that direction

Andy  G4JNT

g3thq <g3thq@...>

I was listening Andy, but heard nothing except one false decode.
My home QTH IO91un, very poor for 10GHz.  I can only hear GB3SEE!