F/GM0USI/P IN78/88 3cm next week

Alan

Hi Folks,

Just to say I am taking my smaller DGU 3cm system [about 2w] and a Panel antenna over to Brittany from next Monday....I will be staying around the Roscoff area on the border of IN78 and 88...

I am over for a holiday but will hopefully get the chance to go to a few suitable spots for a couple tests....I will announce on the morning of any details...should have wifi in the house for possible skeds..

Not sure how many stations apart from Ralph ALY might be range...

Best 73 Alan GM0USI/P

John McCarthy

I'm on the south coast (Southampton) and would be up for a go dependant on work and other commitments.

John

On Wed, 13 Jul, 2016 at 11:49, Alan Dimmick dimmickalan@... [ukmicrowaves]
<ukmicrowaves@...> wrote:

Hi Folks,

Just to say I am taking my smaller DGU 3cm system [about 2w] and a Panel antenna over to Brittany from next Monday....I will be staying around the Roscoff area on the border of IN78 and 88...

I am over for a holiday but will hopefully get the chance to go to a few suitable spots for a couple tests....I will announce on the morning of any details...should have wifi in the house for possible skeds..

Best 73 Alan GM0USI/P

Noel G8GTZ

Hi Alan – I’m also fairly near the South Coast and happy to go out /p to work you.  A few hours notice would be good J

73 Noel – G8GTZ

Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 11:50 AM
To: ukmicrowaves@...
Subject: [ukmicrowaves] F/GM0USI/P IN78/88 3cm next week

Hi Folks,

Best 73 Alan GM0USI/P

Ed G3VPF

Alan

I can go portable on a number of sites on the west Dorset coast with excellent take offs towards Brittany. Can go out most afternoons and evenings given a few hours warning.

Ed G3VPF

Alan

Hi there, 

Thanks for all the replies....I will be in the Roscoff area from next Tues 19th till Sun 24th - I should be able to give a few hours notice , or the evening before. - I imagine early PM best for me...

I will work out some more detailed locators when I arrive...wx looks quite good!

I didn't have room to take the big system but will be interesting to see how it goes.

Hopefully internet should work at the house...I can use my phone in Brittany as well 07785744643 - some talk back would be good - not sure if you all have smart phones if /P

Thanks again for the interest,

73 Alan GM0USI/P

Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 15:48:06 -0700
Subject: [ukmicrowaves] Re: F/GM0USI/P IN78/88 3cm next week

Alan

I can go portable on a number of sites on the west Dorset coast with excellent take offs towards Brittany. Can go out most afternoons and evenings given a few hours warning.

Ed G3VPF

John McCarthy

Hi again Alan my number is 07762112271 and I have days off next week on Wednesday and Thursday. When ZME went to the channel islands I worked them with ease from my portable site a lane end so hopefully it should work that bit further. Anyway enjoy the trip and hope the weather stays fine for you whilst over there.
John

On Wed, 13 Jul, 2016 at 23:57, Alan Dimmick dimmickalan@... [ukmicrowaves]
wrote:

Hi there, 

Thanks for all the replies....I will be in the Roscoff area from next Tues 19th till Sun 24th - I should be able to give a few hours notice , or the evening before. - I imagine early PM best for me...

I will work out some more detailed locators when I arrive...wx looks quite good!

I didn't have room to take the big system but will be interesting to see how it goes.

Hopefully internet should work at the house...I can use my phone in Brittany as well 07785744643 - some talk back would be good - not sure if you all have smart phones if /P

73 Alan GM0USI/P

Alan

Ed G3VPF

Alan

Thanks John,

These days might be good...will email or phone to confirm the day and time etc.

73 Alan

Sent from my Samsung device

-------- Original message --------
From: "'g7jtt@...' g7jtt@... [ukmicrowaves]" Date: 14/07/2016 04:33 (GMT+00:00)
Subject: RE: [ukmicrowaves] Re: F/GM0USI/P IN78/88 3cm next week

Hi again Alan my number is 07762112271 and I have days off next week on Wednesday and Thursday. When ZME went to the channel islands I worked them with ease from my portable site a lane end so hopefully it should work that bit further. Anyway enjoy the trip and hope the weather stays fine for you whilst over there.

John

Hi there, 

73 Alan GM0USI/P

Alan

Ed G3VPF

Adrian whatmore <g4uvz@...>

I too am keen to work across from the south west from one of my sites near Taunton ..I think that you plan to work Edward VPF ..so could deploy at a similar time ..Happy for a timed sked if neccessary,,I too run the DGU but now with a 7 watt PA ,so we should have no problems
Adrian 07778 523 832   adrianwhatmore248@...

Alan

No probs Adrian,

Am.on the ferry as l write...l think tues or wed is looking possible but will post further details. .

73 Alan

Date: 17/07/2016 14:41 (GMT+00:00)

I too am keen to work across from the south west from one of my sites near Taunton ..I think that you plan to work Edward VPF ..so could deploy at a similar time ..Happy for a timed sked if neccessary,,I too run the DGU but now with a 7 watt PA ,so we should have no problems

Alan

Hi there,

Have arrived in the Roscoff area and am staying for a week in St Pol de.Leon just to the south...wx looks extremely warm tomorrow so thinking Wednesday around 13-1500local...local time here is 1 hour ahead...
I can use my phone for calls and data so l can easily phone or attempt to get on KST...l will be using 10368.120...cw possible also
Kit is only around 1.75w to a flatflat panel antenna of around 20db...
Hopefully l haven't forgotten anything..
If Wednesday doesn't suit l may be able to make time on another occasion. .
Locator should be about IN88AQ but that may change if l can't get a parking space hi.
73 Alan F/GM0USI/P 07785744643

Date: 18/07/2016 01:03 (GMT+01:00)
Subject: Re: [ukmicrowaves] Re: F/GM0USI/P IN78/88 3cm next week

No probs Adrian,

Am.on the ferry as l write...l think tues or wed is looking possible but will post further details. .

73 Alan

John McCarthy

Yep you've picked a week of good weather Wednesday is good for me, have to be somewhere in the morning but should be done by lunch so will head straight over to lane end 
73 John

On Mon, 18 Jul, 2016 at 16:28, Alan Dimmick dimmickalan@... [ukmicrowaves]
wrote:

Hi there,

Have arrived in the Roscoff area and am staying for a week in St Pol de.Leon just to the south...wx looks extremely warm tomorrow so thinking Wednesday around 13-1500local...local time here is 1 hour ahead...
I can use my phone for calls and data so l can easily phone or attempt to get on KST...l will be using 10368.120...cw possible also
Locator should be about IN88AQ but that may change if l can't get a parking space hi.

From: "Alan Dimmick dimmickalan@... [ukmicrowaves]" <ukmicrowaves@...>

No probs Adrian,

73 Alan

Ed G3VPF

Alan

Regrettably Weds is the only day this week I can't make, tied up in a meeting in Southampton all day. For info there was all the visual signs of a super-refraction duct out in the Channel this afternoon. Also, the weather will change overnight Tuesday into Wednesday to much cooler air so little chance of surface ducts after that.

Ed G3VPF

On Mon, 18 Jul, 2016 at 16:33, 'g7jtt@...' g7jtt@... [ukmicrowaves]
wrote:

Yep you've picked a week of good weather Wednesday is good for me, have to be somewhere in the morning but should be done by lunch so will head straight over to lane end 

73 John

Hi there,

No probs Adrian,

73 Alan

Alan

Ok..Ed,

I will see how it goes on Wednesday with the other stations..am sure l can certainly try another time up to Sunday when you might be able to make it...

73 Alan

Date: 19/07/2016 08:44 (GMT+01:00)
To: ukmicrowaves@..., ukmicrowaves@...

Alan

Regrettably Weds is the only day this week I can't make, tied up in a meeting in Southampton all day. For info there was all the visual signs of a super-refraction duct out in the Channel this afternoon. Also, the weather will change overnight Tuesday into Wednesday to much cooler air so little chance of surface ducts after that.

Ed G3VPF

73 John

Hi there,

No probs Adrian,

73 Alan

Alan

Hello again,

I wonder if we should leave the test until a little later in the week when Ed can be qrv....l worked Ralph today just to test the kit was ok...He was 59+ and l around 57 from IN88AQ. ....He said it might be better to wait until 4pm or so when the temp has cooled off a bit though it should be a bit cooler anyway....
What about 4pm (3pm) on Thursday or Friday if that suits....let me know any other times might be better for you.. l could be qrv pretty quickly if required and l am about..

73 Alan F/GM0USI/P

Date: 19/07/2016 05:35 (GMT+01:00)

Alan

Ed G3VPF

73 John

Hi there,

No probs Adrian,

73 Alan

Noel G8GTZ

I can do 3pm (UK) on Thursday but not Friday.

73 – Noel G8GTZ

Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2016 6:39 PM

Hello again,

I wonder if we should leave the test until a little later in the week when Ed can be qrv....l worked Ralph today just to test the kit was ok...He was 59+ and l around 57 from IN88AQ. ....He said it might be better to wait until 4pm or so when the temp has cooled off a bit though it should be a bit cooler anyway....

What about 4pm (3pm) on Thursday or Friday if that suits....let me know any other times might be better for you.. l could be qrv pretty quickly if required and l am about..

73 Alan F/GM0USI/P

From: "Edward Harland g3vpf@... [ukmicrowaves]" <ukmicrowaves@...>

Alan

Ed G3VPF

73 John

Hi there,

No probs Adrian,

73 Alan

From: "Adrian whatmore g4uvz@... [ukmicrowaves]" <ukmicrowaves@...>

John McCarthy

Ditto can do Thursday so looks like you got three willing participants. To Noel will meet you at lane end and if that doesn't work we can always try pickets post maybe? 
John

On Tue, 19 Jul, 2016 at 18:44, 'Noel Matthews' noel@... [ukmicrowaves]
wrote:

73 – Noel G8GTZ

Hello again,

73 Alan F/GM0USI/P

Alan

Ed G3VPF

73 John

Hi there,

No probs Adrian,

73 Alan

Ed G3VPF

Thursday works best for me. Let me know what time you will be on and I can go to Abbotsbury Hill. Ideal for cross-channel work but not so good to East. 

Ed G3VPF

On Tue, 19 Jul, 2016 at 19:06, 'g7jtt@...' g7jtt@... [ukmicrowaves]
wrote:

Ditto can do Thursday so looks like you got three willing participants. To Noel will meet you at lane end and if that doesn't work we can always try pickets post maybe? 

John

73 – Noel G8GTZ

Hello again,

73 Alan F/GM0USI/P

Alan

Ed G3VPF

73 John

Hi there,

No probs Adrian,

73 Alan

Alan

Thursday at 1600 local. ..1500 your time..any mobile numbers might be handy?
Will be on .120 from 1500BST...

Hope to hear some of you! 

73 Alan  F/GM0USI/P  IN88aq

Date: 19/07/2016 20:32 (GMT+01:00)

Thursday works best for me. Let me know what time you will be on and I can go to Abbotsbury Hill. Ideal for cross-channel work but not so good to East. 

Ed G3VPF

John

73 – Noel G8GTZ

Hello again,

73 Alan F/GM0USI/P

Alan

Ed G3VPF

73 John

Hi there,

No probs Adrian,

73 Alan

John McCarthy

Hi Alan times are good for me my mobile is 07762112271

On Tue, 19 Jul, 2016 at 19:37, Alan Dimmick dimmickalan@... [ukmicrowaves]
wrote:

Ed G3VPF

John

73 – Noel G8GTZ

Hello again,

73 Alan F/GM0USI/P

Alan

Ed G3VPF

73 John

Hi there,

No probs Adrian,

73 Alan

Ed G3VPF

Alan

My mobile is 07824365556.

Ed G3VPF

On Tue, 19 Jul, 2016 at 19:42, 'g7jtt@...' g7jtt@... [ukmicrowaves]
wrote:

Hi Alan times are good for me my mobile is 07762112271

Ed G3VPF

John

73 – Noel G8GTZ

Hello again,

73 Alan F/GM0USI/P

Alan

Ed G3VPF

73 John

Hi there,

No probs Adrian,

73 Alan