Activity Monday Night

John McCarthy

Hi all just been speaking to Adrian G4UVZ who is going to go portable tomorrow from IO81LB06 and now Ed G3VPF will be at IO80QQ42. I will be at Lane end IO91JA37 we hope to be up and running between 6:30 to 7:00pm I will have to be gone by 9:00pm due to early start in the morning. So hopefully we can work a few of you all being well.

John

Adrian whatmore <g4uvz@...>

I will be giving KSTME another go..but if I don't appear please give me a call on 07778 523 832.
Adrian

Andy G4JNT

To add a bit of "something different" I have my new portable mini-beacon on 10368.35MHz that I can take out to a spot - possibly Lane End as well as its one of the few decent sites around here.

JT4G message ONLY; just a few seconds of carrier and no dinosaur.   100mW to a 20dB horn so I'll need to know where to point it - Quantocks / Devon Dorset presumably.   Mob phone 07576 765856

ANdy  G4JNT

On 10 July 2016 at 21:25, g7jtt@... [ukmicrowaves] <ukmicrowaves@...> wrote:

Hi all just been speaking to Adrian G4UVZ who is going to go portable tomorrow from IO81LB06 and now Ed G3VPF will be at IO80QQ42. I will be at Lane end IO91JA37 we hope to be up and running between 6:30 to 7:00pm I will have to be gone by 9:00pm due to early start in the morning. So hopefully we can work a few of you all being well.

John

John McCarthy

Hi Andy was just about to suggest bringing the mini beacon out when I was about to reply to the GPS message. I'm sure it will generate quite a bit of interest as it did on its last outing. As to the Motorola GPS it was a freebie so will keep trying to get it to switch to NMEA can talk to it but just won't switch the command is @@Ci as far as I can tell. Anyway as you say it's old hat and there are may alternatives around even with programmable o/p from a few Hz to MHz so may upgrade one day.

On Mon, 11 Jul, 2016 at 9:32, Andy Talbot andy.g4jnt@... [ukmicrowaves]
wrote:

[...]

Yes, you're right.  the @@Ea command was for setting up its own binary protocol message type.

I've searched back in the archives and found one listing that included commands to set a Motorola GPS to send NMEA, as part of its setup.   Note the change of baud rate part way through as its native binary ran at 9600 baud, but NMEA standard is (was) 4800 baud

The Code is copied below.

So you are part correct in your setting, but you then need to issue the command to tell it what NMEA sentences to send, and how often.

Andy

InitGPS
movlw 0x40 ;@@Ci[01] Checksum [cr][lf]
call SendByte9600
movlw 0x40
call SendByte9600
movlw 0x43
call SendByte9600
movlw 0x69
call SendByte9600
movlw 0x01
call SendByte9600
movlw 0x2B
call SendByte9600
movlw 0x0D
call SendByte9600
movlw 0x0A
call SendByte9600

call Delay50

movlw "$" ;$PMOTG,RMC,0001 [cr][lf]
call SendByte4800
movlw "P"
call SendByte4800
movlw "M"
call SendByte4800
movlw "O"
call SendByte4800
movlw "T"
call SendByte4800
movlw "G"
call SendByte4800
movlw ","
call SendByte4800
movlw "R"
call SendByte4800
movlw "M"
call SendByte4800
movlw "C"
call SendByte4800
movlw ","
call SendByte4800
movlw "0"
call SendByte4800
movlw "0"
call SendByte4800
movlw "0"
call SendByte4800
movlw "1"
call SendByte4800
movlw 0x0D
call SendByte4800
movlw 0x0A
call SendByte4800

return

On 11 July 2016 at 09:56, 'g7jtt@...' g7jtt@... [ukmicrowaves] <ukmicrowaves@...> wrote:

[...]

Sir you area genius I now have NMEA thank you so much Andy
All best John

On Mon, 11 Jul, 2016 at 10:14, Andy Talbot andy.g4jnt@... [ukmicrowaves]
wrote:

[...]

My Quantock site is pretty much due West from Lane End

Will look out for you Andy..what time will you be on site?

Andy G4JNT

Probably 1900 ish (local time)

On 11 July 2016 at 13:31, Adrian whatmore g4uvz@... [ukmicrowaves] <ukmicrowaves@...> wrote:

My Quantock site is pretty much due West from Lane End

Will look out for you Andy..what time will you be on site?

Noel G8GTZ

Also planning to be out at my local site IO91KF42TG for a couple of hours from 19:00 local.
BTW - lots of rainscatter on the beacons on the Farnham websdr at the moment.
Noel - G8GTZ

My Quantock site is pretty much due West from Lane End

Will look out for you Andy..what time will you be on site?

Adrian whatmore <g4uvz@...>

Looks like a good path to me on the Quantocks!

Give me a call on 07778 523 832 when you are ready to go!
Adrian

On Monday, 11 July 2016, 14:12, "'Noel Matthews' noel@... [ukmicrowaves]" wrote:

Also planning to be out at my local site IO91KF42TG for a couple of hours from 19:00 local.
BTW - lots of rainscatter on the beacons on the Farnham websdr at the moment.
Noel - G8GTZ

My Quantock site is pretty much due West from Lane End

Will look out for you Andy..what time will you be on site?

Noel G8GTZ

Yes - good site to the west.  John G7JTT heard KBQ there on Saturday when we were out doing ATV tests.
73 Noel

My Quantock site is pretty much due West from Lane End

Will look out for you Andy..what time will you be on site?

Adrian whatmore <g4uvz@...>

Hi Noel..sorry that you had problems this evening..hopefully they will be easily resolved!

Adrian