Topics

marconi 6511 detector

pa0jme@...

Hello all, a friend of mine bumped into a pair of 6511 detectors (10MHz upto 20GHz)
He was thinking of using them as a replacement for the HP detector 11664 detector, however the Marconi one has 10+ more pins connector. Does anyone have an overview of the connections used in these such as to allow replacement. I recall the HP-device just has 2 supply-voltages 2 grounds as well as a signal wire. Thanks in advance Rien PA0JME

Peter G3SMT

Rien,

The usual cable has 12 connections.  I have the manual for the 69-- series which is a later version of yours but I am unsure if its the same.  However, the circuit may give you some clues so if you don't receive the correct information let me know and I will scan it and send it to you.

73

Peter
G3SMT

On 17/03/2016 17:55, pa0jme@... [ukmicrowaves] wrote:

Hello all, a friend of mine bumped into a pair of 6511 detectors (10MHz upto 20GHz)
He was thinking of using them as a replacement for the HP detector 11664 detector, however the Marconi one has 10+ more pins connector. Does anyone have an overview of the connections used in these such as to allow replacement. I recall the HP-device just has 2 supply-voltages 2 grounds as well as a signal wire. Thanks in advance Rien PA0JME

pa0jme@...

Hello Peter,

Thanks that might be of great help

73es Rien

Peter G3SMT

Rein,

Tried to send the information to you but it was blocked by  :-
hostkarma.junkemailfilter.com

How should we proceed?

73

Peter
G3SMT

On 18/03/2016 19:04, pa0jme@... [ukmicrowaves] wrote:

Hello Peter,

Thanks that might be of great help

73es Rien

pa0jme@...

Peter, how large is the file, you can send up to 5MB directly to my email otherwise we can refrain  to wetransfer. Did you use that before?

Best regards Rien

Peter G3SMT

Rein,

It is only 275kb but your mailbox also rejected my earlier message.  I will send again.

73

Peter
G3SMT

On 19/03/2016 15:46, pa0jme@... [ukmicrowaves] wrote:

Peter, how large is the file, you can send up to 5MB directly to my email otherwise we can refrain  to wetransfer. Did you use that before?

Best regards Rien

Peter G3SMT

Rein,

My message was rejected again so I have uploaded the schematic to the files section.

73

Peter
G3SMT

On 19/03/2016 15:46, pa0jme@... [ukmicrowaves] wrote:

Peter, how large is the file, you can send up to 5MB directly to my email otherwise we can refrain  to wetransfer. Did you use that before?

Best regards Rien

pa0jme@...

Ok Peter, thanks a lot for the effort, also on behalf of DC6IB, who has no access to the internet himself. Great to have a probable similar circuit-diagram. It will probably help to clarify a lot, I will pass it on right away.
73es Rien PA0JME

GORDONJ REASON <gordonj.reason@...>

Re; the HP 11664B  detector , circuit diagram............  +15 V , pin 2 :  -12  , pin 7 :   Ground , pin 8 :   and signal out  pin 9  Centre of screened cable .