Ofcom letters

Graham - G4FSG

As you will be aware, Ofcom are required to give all licensed radio amateurs notice that they intend to vary licences in line with their decisions following last year’s consultation.  That process has now begun and letters are being sent out.

It has been brought to the RSGB’s attention that some amateurs have received a letter suggesting that their callsign now includes the RSL “E”.  Ofcom have confirmed that this is an error and not a change in policy.  I am advised that Ofcom intend to publish an explanation on their website (which we will replicate on ours as soon as it appears).

Graham Murchie  G4FSG

Chairman, RSGB Board

mjniman@...

Hi

If you have now received the Ofcom notice you should note that one of the changes listed in the attachment is worthy of feedback to them.
The proposal to downgrade 75.875-76 GHz to Secondary  is incorrect as it was never in WRC12 and was not in the original consultation

Whilst RSGB has already been in contact on this (and been acknowledged) and some other issues, microwavers are welcome to reply to the Ofcom email address mentioned in the notice - and any other editorial/process issues you can spot

Regards

 Murray G6JYB

On a related topic - if you ended up with a Q prefix in your club licence call sign , do let me know...

Christopher Bartram <cbartram@...>

Hello Murray

Should there be a UKuG response to this? I guess so, but it would be helpful to have your guidance.

73

Chris
GW4DGU

Roger Ray

Murray you have a good point. i think that we need to reply individually and as a group. At the very least I would hope that we could keep 75.975-.985 as primary. The UK activity on 76GHz is radidly increasing.

g3ypq

On a related topic - if you ended up with a Q prefix in your club licence call sign , do let me know...

Ofcom seem to think I'm GE3YPQ

Phil (formerly G3YPQ ;-)

John E. Beech

Yes I got GQ2ASF!

de John G8SEQ

On a related topic - if you ended up with a Q prefix in your club licence
call sign , do let me know...

Ofcom seem to think I'm GE3YPQ

Phil (formerly G3YPQ ;-)

David.Austen@...

... and the Gibberlets got MQ0HNA!

I'm assuming we can ignore this, just like the GE/MEs?

73, Dave G(E)1EHF

mjniman@...

Hi Dave

Yes ignore the Ofcom Q's as well

Murray G6JYB

Tony G4NBS

I’m nearly right

Got G4NBS  OK, but club is GE4NXO…… (and dated 19th Jan)

So many permutations to get right?

73

Tony