PCB Manufacturer (OT)

richard@...

Dear Microwavers

I know that several of you get small quantities of PCBs made. Which supplier would you recommend for small quantities? Thanks.

73 Richard G3CWI

mike G6TRM

Richard,
If you want one off's etc and it is not for RF then I can recommend a chap call Marek Kuczynski. You send him your design and he makes the layout by routing out the tracks. The only difference is that any areas where normally there would be no copper foil, it is left as an isolated area.. Can do double sided but no thro hole plating.
Good prices too.
give him a call and ask him what he can do  marek.kuczynski@...

regards

Mike G6TRM

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2014 9:56 AM
Subject: [ukmicrowaves] PCB Manufacturer (OT)

Dear Microwavers

I know that several of you get small quantities of PCBs made. Which supplier would you recommend for small quantities? Thanks.

73 Richard G3CWI

Andy G4JNT

I use Newbury Electronics / PCB train.  http://www.pcbtrain.co.uk/
They're good and reliable, but not the cheapest by far
The optimum cost-effective number is around 25 to 40 for small boards

If you want commercial production of really only a few off, its no doubt going to have to be one of the Chinese or Bulgarian companies.
Or master doing it yourself with acetate and UV.

Andy
G4JNT

On 30 October 2014 09:56, richard@... [ukmicrowaves] <ukmicrowaves@...> wrote:

Dear Microwavers

73 Richard G3CWI

Philip Crump <phildcrump@...>

http://dirtypcbs.com/ For cut-price chinese service these guys are currently the favourites, I've had stuff back from them within 3 weeks or so. The boards are actually really good, but as they plainly state, it's cut-price service/support.

http://ragworm.eu/ For UK-based and small numbers of small boards, these guys are reasonably priced and good quality. Only a couple of days quicker than china on average though.

Phil M0DNY

On 30 October 2014 10:14, Andy Talbot andy.g4jnt@... [ukmicrowaves] <ukmicrowaves@...> wrote:

I use Newbury Electronics / PCB train.  http://www.pcbtrain.co.uk/
They're good and reliable, but not the cheapest by far
The optimum cost-effective number is around 25 to 40 for small boards

If you want commercial production of really only a few off, its no doubt going to have to be one of the Chinese or Bulgarian companies.
Or master doing it yourself with acetate and UV.

Andy
G4JNT

On 30 October 2014 09:56, richard@... [ukmicrowaves] <ukmicrowaves@...> wrote:

Dear Microwavers

73 Richard G3CWI

Brian Flynn GM8BJF

I have used Jackaltac based in Eire. (They actually send the files to S Africa). They seem to be the hobby end of PCB-Pool. The boards have been good quality double sided through hole with solder resist.

www.jackaltac.com/

Brian, GM8BJF

Michael Scott

Hi Richard

I am set up to make simple boards and provided artwork which can be printed on acetate is available, I could make one or two for you. The only cost would be the photoresist board and postage. Single sided with or without groundplane, but no through hole or other  plating.

73, Mike, G3LYP

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2014 9:56 AM
Subject: [ukmicrowaves] PCB Manufacturer (OT)

Dear Microwavers

73 Richard G3CWI

Ian White

I frequently use ITEADstudio.com in China for small quantities.

http://imall.iteadstudio.com/open-pcb/pcb-prototyping.html?limit=25

ITEAD offer various package deals according to the size of the board, the number of layers and the number of boards required. I have found the "100x100mm, 2 layers, green, 10 off" package very useful indeed, and also very good value. For the best possible value, try to make maximum use of the available area by including two or three different designs in the final layout, and then slice-and-dice the boards when they arrive.

The ordering procedure is to buy the selected package deal at the e-commerce site, and then log in to iteadstudio.com to submit the required CAD files. You usually hear quite quickly if there is a problem but they don't always seem to confirm if/when the files are OK. Hearing nothing for three days is probably good news, meaning that your files have been passed through to the factory, and then the next you'll hear is a shipping notification with a tracking number from HK Post.

Quality from ITEAD is very acceptable, but for my commercial Triode and Tetrode Boards I still use a supplier based in Germany.

73 from Ian GM3SEK

Conrad Farlow <conrad@...>

I have also used PCB Panel in Poole literally hundreds of times. The quality is very good.

http://www.pcbpanel.co.uk/

On another note does anyone have a package for doing panel layouts by combining gerbers? I used to use gcprevue+ from Graphicode. It also imports DXFs which is handy for NXP LDMOS designs which are all DXFs for some bizarre reason.

Conrad G0RUZ IO93FR

North Wakefield Radio Club

On 30/10/2014 13:38, 'Ian White' gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk [ukmicrowaves] wrote:
I frequently use ITEADstudio.com in China for small quantities.

http://imall.iteadstudio.com/open-pcb/pcb-prototyping.html?limit=25

ITEAD offer various package deals according to the size of the board, the number of layers and the number of boards required. I have found the "100x100mm, 2 layers, green, 10 off" package very useful indeed, and also very good value. For the best possible value, try to make maximum use of the available area by including two or three different designs in the final layout, and then slice-and-dice the boards when they arrive.

The ordering procedure is to buy the selected package deal at the e-commerce site, and then log in to iteadstudio.com to submit the required CAD files. You usually hear quite quickly if there is a problem but they don't always seem to confirm if/when the files are OK. Hearing nothing for three days is probably good news, meaning that your files have been passed through to the factory, and then the next you'll hear is a shipping notification with a tracking number from HK Post.

Quality from ITEAD is very acceptable, but for my commercial Triode and Tetrode Boards I still use a supplier based in Germany.

73 from Ian GM3SEK

------------------------------------
Posted by: "Ian White" <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>

Yahoo Groups Links

richard@...

Thanks for all the responses - and kind offers. Of all the groups I belong to, your is the only one that I would post such a question to (and be confident of getting some sensible replies)..

The board is a bit too complex for home production so I will need to get it done professionally.

Thanks again

73 Richard G3CWI