Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2014 9:56 AM
Subject: [ukmicrowaves] PCB Manufacturer (OT)

Dear Microwavers

I know that several of you get small quantities of PCBs made. Which supplier would you recommend for small quantities? Thanks.

73 Richard G3CWI

Andy G4JNT

I use Newbury Electronics / PCB train.  http://www.pcbtrain.co.uk/
They're good and reliable, but not the cheapest by far
The optimum cost-effective number is around 25 to 40 for small boards

If you want commercial production of really only a few off, its no doubt going to have to be one of the Chinese or Bulgarian companies.
Or master doing it yourself with acetate and UV.

Andy
G4JNT

On 30 October 2014 09:56, richard@... [ukmicrowaves] <ukmicrowaves@...> wrote:

Dear Microwavers

I know that several of you get small quantities of PCBs made. Which supplier would you recommend for small quantities? Thanks.

73 Richard G3CWI

Philip Crump <phildcrump@...>

http://dirtypcbs.com/ For cut-price chinese service these guys are currently the favourites, I've had stuff back from them within 3 weeks or so. The boards are actually really good, but as they plainly state, it's cut-price service/support.

http://ragworm.eu/ For UK-based and small numbers of small boards, these guys are reasonably priced and good quality. Only a couple of days quicker than china on average though.

Phil M0DNY

On 30 October 2014 10:14, Andy Talbot andy.g4jnt@... [ukmicrowaves] <ukmicrowaves@...> wrote:

I use Newbury Electronics / PCB train.  http://www.pcbtrain.co.uk/
They're good and reliable, but not the cheapest by far
The optimum cost-effective number is around 25 to 40 for small boards

If you want commercial production of really only a few off, its no doubt going to have to be one of the Chinese or Bulgarian companies.
Or master doing it yourself with acetate and UV.

Andy
G4JNT

On 30 October 2014 09:56, richard@... [ukmicrowaves] <ukmicrowaves@...> wrote:

Dear Microwavers

I know that several of you get small quantities of PCBs made. Which supplier would you recommend for small quantities? Thanks.

73 Richard G3CWI

Brian Flynn GM8BJF

I have used Jackaltac based in Eire. (They actually send the files to S Africa). They seem to be the hobby end of PCB-Pool. The boards have been good quality double sided through hole with solder resist.

www.jackaltac.com/

Brian, GM8BJF

Michael Scott

Hi Richard

I am set up to make simple boards and provided artwork which can be printed on acetate is available, I could make one or two for you. The only cost would be the photoresist board and postage. Single sided with or without groundplane, but no through hole or other  plating.

73, Mike, G3LYP