Microwave Field Day

John Quarmby

Another reminder, this time for Microwave Field Day which takes place on Sunday August 4th from 0900-1700z (1000 - 1800 BST), on the 1.3GHz and 10GHz bands, with Open and Restricted sections for portables, and a new section for fixed stations this year. This is a great opportunity to try some portable operation on the microwaves and introduce newcomers to what is afoot on the two most active microwave bands, its not too late to plan a foray.

I will circulate an activity list about a week before the event.

73

John G3XDY

John GM8OTI

Count me in! I now have (I think) about 1W on 10GHz, and hope to be active either from one location, or possibly roving, for the contest. I can also provide a few watts on 23cm but don't know whether or not I will take my 2m portable dish - if fixed I will, else it will be just a 15-ele Yagi. Location should be in south west Scotland. Details on due course once I have decided ...

73
John GM8OTI