Topics

Transverter Enclosure Wanted

Keith Le Boutillier <keithl@...>

Hi Group

I am trying to source a nice enclosure for my home made transverter.  I am looking  for something around the size of 290mm W x 180mm D X 80mm H

I would like the case to have removable front and back panels and a removable top.

I have looked at a few websites and suppliers but can’t find anything that meets or is close to matching my requirements.  

Would anybody have any suggestions for suppliers that I could try?

73 Keith GU6EFB

geoffrey pike

Hi,
I think you may need to bite the bullet and buy on of those very expensive Hammond cases from Farnell,
They have moulded aluminium tops and bottoms. I put a centre piece in mine.
This means you can get at the pcbs easily.Failing that it would be a normal U case from Ebay from Ha5xxx
I was reluctant to spend the money and didn't want to make one, but the Hammond cases are very good and did what i needed
regards
Geoff

Richard Bown <richard@...>

On Fri, 12 Apr 2013 08:44:14 +0000
Keith Le Boutillier <keithl@lebs.org.uk> wrote:

Hi Group

I am trying to source a nice enclosure for my home made transverter. I am looking for something
around the size of 290mm W x 180mm D X 80mm H I would like the case to have removable front and
back panels and a removable top.

I have looked at a few websites and suppliers but can't find anything that meets or is close to
matching my requirements.

73 Keith GU6EFB
Hi Keith,
RS have some nice enclosures, but you are looking at between £30 to £65, You didn't say what freq
the new transverter is???, if its above 13 cms, have you considered putting it at masthead ?

--
--
Best wishes / 73
Richard Bown

Email : richard@g8jvm.info
HTTP :http://www.g8jvm.info
nil carborundum a illegitemis
##################################################################################
Ham Call G8JVM . OS Fedora FC18 x86_64 on a Dell Insiron N5030 laptop
Maidenhead QRA: IO82SP38, LAT. 52 39.720' N LONG. 2 28.171 W ( degs+mins )
QRV VHF 6mtrs 200W, 4 mtrs 150W, 2mtrs 350W, 70cms 200W
Microwave 23 cms 140W, 13 cms 100W, 6 cms 0W & 3cms 5W
##################################################################################
Please do not use the e-mail address of richard@g8jvm.com
Mail hosted by 1and1, Domain screwed up by 1and1 and Freeparking

info@transverters.net <ea7fgj@...>

Good afternoon,

Saludos cordiales. Máximo. EA7FGJ. IM67XI.

De: Keith Le Boutillier
Para: "ukmicrowaves@..." <ukmicrowaves@...>
Enviado: Viernes 12 de abril de 2013 10:44
Asunto: [ukmicrowaves] Transverter Enclosure Wanted

Hi Group

I am trying to source a nice enclosure for my home made transverter.  I am looking  for something around the size of 290mm W x 180mm D X 80mm H
I would like the case to have removable front and back panels and a removable top.

I have looked at a few websites and suppliers but can’t find anything that meets or is close to matching my requirements.  

73 Keith GU6EFB

Richard Bown <richard@...>

On Fri, 12 Apr 2013 08:44:14 +0000
Keith Le Boutillier <keithl@lebs.org.uk> wrote:

Hi Group

I am trying to source a nice enclosure for my home made transverter. I am looking for something
around the size of 290mm W x 180mm D X 80mm H I would like the case to have removable front and
back panels and a removable top.

I have looked at a few websites and suppliers but can't find anything that meets or is close to
matching my requirements.

73 Keith GU6EFB
Try something like this
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/instrument-cases/1707869/
Front and rear panel are removable, so are top and bottom
HTH

--
--
Best wishes / 73
Richard Bown

Email : richard@g8jvm.info
HTTP :http://www.g8jvm.info
nil carborundum a illegitemis
Ham Call G8JVM . OS Fedora FC18 x86_64 on a Dell Insiron N5030 laptop
Maidenhead QRA: IO82SP38, LAT. 52 39.720' N LONG. 2 28.171 W ( degs+mins )
QRV VHF 6mtrs 200W, 4 mtrs 150W, 2mtrs 350W, 70cms 200W
Microwave 23 cms 140W, 13 cms 100W, 6 cms 0W & 3cms 5W
Please do not use the e-mail address of richard@g8jvm.com
Mail hosted by 1and1, Domain screwed up by 1and1 and Freeparking

geoffrey pike

Farnell # 1876479

To: "ukmicrowaves@..."
Sent: Friday, 12 April 2013, 10:20
Subject: [ukmicrowaves] Re: Transverter Enclosure Wanted

Hi,
I think you may need to bite the bullet and buy on of those very expensive Hammond cases from Farnell,
This means you can get at the pcbs easily.Failing that it would be a normal U case from Ebay from Ha5xxx
I was reluctant to spend the money and didn't want to make one, but the Hammond cases are very good and did what i needed
regards
Geoff

Peter Torry <peter_torry@...>

Hello Keith,

I use the enclosures from Schroff range such as propac and ratiopac and whist they are not the lowest cost I am of the opinion that a good enclosure is worth the many hours of work that go into the equipment inside.  There are a number of  manufactures such as Ritall, Vero Hammond etc. that may fit your requirements.

Regards

Peter

G3SMT

Geoff Blake <geoff@...>

Before spending too much, have a look at some "for spares" test equipment you sometimes find at rallies. For example, the Marconi Instruments 2430  series of counters have cases which may be suitable. OK, you will probably have to replace the front and rear panels but they are RF tight to a degree and you have a possible bonus of a built in PSU.

Of course there are numerous other cases that are suitable, but few that are suitable for masthead mounting.

73 Geoff

On 12 April 2013 14:00, geoffrey pike <gi0gdp@...> wrote:

Farnell # 1876479

To: "ukmicrowaves@..." <ukmicrowaves@...>
Sent: Friday, 12 April 2013, 10:20
Subject: [ukmicrowaves] Re: Transverter Enclosure Wanted

Hi,
regards
Geoff

--
#################################################
Geoff Blake,   G8GNZ    JO01fq:   Chelmsford,  Essex,  UK
<geoff@...>    or   <melecerties@...>
Using Linux: Ubuntu 11.04 on Intel or Debian on UltraSparc
and Apple OS X 10.8.2 Mountain Lion on my Macbook Pro.    
                Avoiding Micro$oft like the plague.
#################################################