RSGB UHF/Microwave Contests This Weekend

Richard Cooper G4WFR <vhf@...>

RSGB UHF/Microwave Contests This Weekend.

This weekend there will be 3 x UHF/Microwave contests as below:

The 432MHz to 248GHz contest starts on 7th May at 1400 GMT & runs for 24 hours.
All bands from 432MHz to 248GHz
Single Operator Fixed (SF) or Open (O) sections
Exchange RS(T), S/N & Locator.
Full details at: http://bit.ly/jEQxJn

The 432MHz Trophy starts on 7th May at 1400 GMT & runs for 8 hours.
Single Operator Fixed (SF) or Open (O) sections
Exchange RS(T), S/N & Locator.
Full details at: http://bit.ly/iEG5is

The 10GHz Trophy starts on 7th May at 1400 GMT & runs for 8 hours.
Just one section ALL (A)
Exchange RS(T), S/N & Locator.
Full details at: http://bit.ly/lmxG3F

Logs can be uploaded on-line at: http://www.rsgbcc.org/cgi-bin/vhfenter.pl

Enjoy the contests & good luck to all taking part.
If you have any questions then please contact me at g4wfr@...

73,

Richard G4WFR
RSGB Contest Committee

Brian Flynn GM8BJF

We will be out this weekend hopefully with all bands from 432 to 24GHz in IO74WV near Gatehouse-of-Fleet in SW Scotland. Calls will be GM3HAM/P
on the lower bands, GM4BYF/P on 13, 9 and 6cm and GM8BJF/P on 10G and 24G. travelling from Edinburgh on Friday evening setting up Sat AM. WX forecast is looking a bit threatening!

73s

Brian,
GM8BJF.

Ian White

This is also the moment to remind GMs that there will be a microwave get-together at the Magnum Rally (Irvine) on Sunday.

In 'The Ship' (straight across the road) at 12:00.

It's a shame about the clash with the contest, but Magnum is also one of our very few chances to get together. Hopefully a good number of us can fit in both events.

We also need to be thinking forward to the first GM Round Table on 6th November.

--

73 from Ian GM3SEK
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek

Bart <shf2@...>

Hello,

I hope some of you turn the antenna to the mainland.I'll be testing the 23cm staion for the second time (no 6 or 3 cm this time,since its a single person station)).
The locator will be JO30am and the setup is around 40W and a 1.5m homemade dish.

I plan t be active during the whole contest.I'll be calling cq and will be reading the KST chatbox.

Regards on7bv

Arie Dogterom <pa0ez@...>

Bart,
23 cm is THE band for CQíng in microwave contests/activities
73
Arie

I hope some of you turn the antenna to the mainland.I'll be testing the 23cm staion for the second time (no 6 or 3 cm this time,since its a single person station)).
The locator will be JO30am and the setup is around 40W and a 1.5m homemade dish.

I plan t be active during the whole contest.I'll be calling cq and will be reading the KST chatbox.

Regards on7bv

g3cwi <richard@...>

GW3CWI/p 10368.1-SSB/CW 2m talkback

Saturday 1400-1500 only so be quick!

Moel Gyw - 467m

http://www1.clikpic.com/fellsnapper/images/clwyd_13.jpg

Latitude: 53 6 30 N, Longitude: 3 14 24 W

Grid Reference: SJ 171575, QTH Locator: IO83JC

Today's Sunrise: 04:27 UTC, Today's Sunset: 19:51 UTC

73

Richard
G3CWI

Martin A Hall <gorrell77@...>

I intend to be active on 432 MHz and 1296 MHz, though I can't switch instantaneously between bands.

On 432 MHz, 300 watts into a 28 el yagi, SP-7000 masthead preamp.
On 1296 MHz, 150 watts into a 39 el quad loop yagi, MV1296 masthead preamp.

Will be on ON4KST to set up 1296 MHz contacts, and expect the majority to be by aircraft scatter, unless we get a bit of a lift.

73,
Martin
GM8IEM - IO78HF