Scatterpoint Nov-Dec 2010 edition

Peter Day <microwaves@...>

To all paid up members of the UK Microwave Group..

The latest edition of our newsletter Scatterpoint has been just emailed to those on the email lists and also uploaded to the Scatterpoint Yahoo Group site for download by UKuG members who have registered there. Please note this is NOT a public domain site!

Some of you reading this will not get your copy this time because you have not renewed your subs, in spite of several reminder emails from the membership secretary ! :-(

The paper version went to the printers on Monday morning and, all being well, should be in the hands of subscribers before the end of the week. However please allow extra time for this to happen as there maybe delays in the Christmas postal deliveries.

Paper readers will notice two glaring errors: Page 4 first paragraph should read 2012, not 2010 for the EME Conference to be held in the UK and the next to last page should say page 23 at the bottom, not page 21! :-)

These errors were only noticed yesterday when it was too late to change them at the printers. The electronic versions have been corrected.

Peter G3PHO

Scatterpoint Editor

David Jones <david.g6feo@...>

I've tried to get into the Scatterpoint Yahoo site, but Yahoo says
Scatterpoint does not exist.

Can somebody post me a url please? The one from the latest scatterpoint
does not work.

Thank you,

David.

On Wed, 2010-12-08 at 21:19 +0000, Peter Day wrote:
[...]

bernie <bernie@...>

It works here, David.

G4HJW

On 09/12/2010 05:57, David Jones wrote:
I've tried to get into the Scatterpoint Yahoo site, but Yahoo says
Scatterpoint does not exist.

Can somebody post me a url please? The one from the latest scatterpoint
does not work.

Hi David...

I've just checked and it works for me provided I type it into the box on the browser. However if you copy and paste from the Scatterpoint pdf file it apparently puts a space after group/ and then it won't work! I should have made sure the whole URL was on one line and not split across two. Sorry about that! Fortunately severak readers have found that out as there were 10 emaiuls from Yahoo tonight asking me to OK their registrations.

and

The first one should take you to the join page. The second one has the files on it

Hope it works for you now.

73

Peter