Looking for Bob Platt G8OZP

Matt <vk2dag@...>

Hi I've been lurking for a while. Joined the group to ask this question just haven't got around to doing it!

Does anybody here know Bob Platt I think his call was G8OZP? He sold ATV kits 10 years ago. I'd like to be able to contact him and get a kit he sold for Gunn Diode modulators. I sold mine a few years ago and now I am kicking my self because I want it back!

If not does anybody from the group have any of these kits laying around they want to sell. I'll take 'em.

Thanks.

Matt -VK2DAG-

Dave Ackrill <dave.g0dja@...>

Matt wrote:

Does anybody here know Bob Platt I think his call was G8OZP? He sold ATV kits 10 years ago. I'd like to be able to contact him and get a kit he sold for Gunn Diode modulators. I sold mine a few years ago and now I am kicking my self because I want it back!
He used to live near here, in the Derby area, but when I tried ATV and wanted to buy the same unit I could not get hold of him so I think that the units are no longer available.

Dave (G0DJA)

GM6VXB

The last address I had for him (maybe 3 years ago) was:
43 Iron Walls Lane,
Tutbury,
Burton on Trent,
Staffordshire,
DE13 9NH.
Not sure if the address is still current as I have not dealt with him
for quite a while now.

Martin, GM6VXB.

Martin Andrew wrote:
The last address I had for him (maybe 3 years ago) was:
43 Iron Walls Lane,
Tutbury,
Burton on Trent,
Staffordshire,
DE13 9NH.
QRZ.COM gives a different address, although still in Burton-On-Trent.

I did find an email address, but didn't get a reply when I emailed.

I guess a letter to both the above address and the one on QRZ.COM might find him.

Dave (G0DJA)

mikeg3pfr@...

In a message dated 23/05/2009 08:47:37 GMT Standard Time, martin.andrew@... writes:
last address I had for him (maybe 3 years ago) was:
43 Iron Walls Lane,
Tutbury,
Burton on Trent,
Staffordshire,
DE13 9NH.
That's the address given in the 2009 RSGB Yearbook ie "QTHR" - and it's Platts, not platt!

Hope this helps. Regards, Mike, G3PFR

Bill <radio.m@...>

In message <cd2.52a3f984.3749c110@...>, mikeg3pfr@... writes

martin.andrew@... writes:
last address I had for him (maybe 3 years ago) was:
43 Iron Walls Lane,
Tutbury,
Burton on Trent,
Staffordshire,
DE13 9NH.
That's the address given in the 2009 RSGB Yearbook ie "QTHR" - and it's
Platts, not platt!

Hope this helps. Regards, Mike, G3PFR
Still on the Electoral Roll 2002-09 for there. So looks a good bet.

--
Bill G8IAY

Noel G8GTZ

Hi,

Apparantly Bob no longer does ATV components. However, I have a cicuit of the Gunmod 2 if it helps?

73

Noel - G8GTZ

g8gtz wrote:
Hi,
Apparantly Bob no longer does ATV components. However, I have a cicuit of the Gunmod 2 if it helps?
Yes please, I have one old Gunn only Solfan in the garage which I might resurrect.

Cheers - Dave (G0DJA)

Matt <vk2dag@...>

2c. Re: Looking for Bob Platt G8OZP
Posted by: "g8gtz" noel@... g8gtz
Date: Sun May 24, 2009 1:36 am ((PDT))

Hi,

Apparantly Bob no longer does ATV components. However, I have a cicuit of the Gunmod 2 if it helps?

73

Noel - G8GTZ

Thanks Noel I'll take that off you. Please contact me off list so we can organize it. mycall @arrl.net

2d. Re: Looking for Bob Platt G8OZP
Posted by: "Dave Ackrill" dave.g0dja@... g0dja
Date: Sun May 24, 2009 3:45 am ((PDT))

g8gtz wrote:
Hi,

Apparantly Bob no longer does ATV components. However, I have a
cicuit of the Gunmod 2 if it helps?

Yes please, I have one old Gunn only Solfan in the garage which I might
resurrect.

Cheers - Dave (G0DJA)
Umm that's why I am asking around Dave... To replace what I sold. Please don't start collecting what I was hunting for... (;

Matt -VK2DAG-

Paul G8KFW

Hi

There is a lot of interest in wide band 10 G

Is this for voice  or TV  or both ?

A request for information on gun mod 2 by Bob Platts  has been posted

For your information one of Bob’s first articles on the subject was in February 1988

In CQ-TV 141 this is available from the BATC web site or I can send it as it is to large to go on the file area

If the interest is for Voice only then don’t forget The Microwave Society  (Glen Ross)

Produced a set of PCB,s and these I think where designed by G6DCL and made by RAMAR

All the best  Paul G8KFW

Richard Newstead <g3cwi@...>

--- In ukmicrowaves@..., "Paul Bicknell" <paul@...> wrote:

If the interest is for Voice only then don't forget The Microwave >Society
(Glen Ross)

I think their info is in the files section of this group.

73

Richard
G3CWI