Ghz in EI on Sunday

mikeg3pfr@...

In a message dated 03/05/2009 16:51:23 GMT Standard Time, tony_g_ireland@... writes:
Just finished up on 3 rock in Dublin and I'm delighted to say I've had my first qso on 10Ghz with GD0EMG. Also, my first qso's on 23cm outside of EI including GM4CXM, G3VKV, G4EAT, G4PBP.

Well done,Tony! What an excellent return for a "First time out". Pity that a few more 10GHz paths didn't do too well, but maybe that will come with your increasing experience...it's hard work (been there, got the Tee-shirt, etc.!) so, continue the good work and the best of results to you!

Regards, Mike, G3PFR

Tony Gallagher <tony_g_ireland@...>

Hi everyone,
Just finished up on 3 rock in Dublin and I'm delighted to say I've had my first qso on 10Ghz with GD0EMG. Also, my first qso's on 23cm outside of EI including GM4CXM, G3VKV, G4EAT, G4PBP.

Looking forward to the next Ghz contest!!! :)

Tony EI4GHB

Robert Price <g8dtf@...>

Hi Tony

Well done on the first 3cm contact. I'll have to have a go a working you at 3 rock from Winter Hill. I couldn't get up the hill today unfortunately.

regards

Bob
G8DTf

To: ukmicrowaves@...
Sent: Sunday, 3 May, 2009 16:50:11
Subject: [ukmicrowaves] Ghz in EI on Sunday

Hi everyone,

Tony EI4GHB

Yeah, certainly wasnt easy! It was windy and occasionly rainy. What are the best contests or activity weekends to look out for? I have the calender from the RGSB website, but as an outing to 3 rock is 6 hours return trip from my qth I only want to do that journey when I there's going to be activity.

Thanks

Tony

t--- In ukmicrowaves@..., Robert Price <g8dtf@...> wrote:

Hi Tony

Well done on the first 3cm contact. I'll have to have a go a working you at 3 rock from Winter Hill. I couldn't get up the hill today unfortunately.

regards

Bob
G8DTf

Hi everyone,

Tony EI4GHB

Richard Newstead <g3cwi@...>

--- In ukmicrowaves@..., "Tony Gallagher" <tony_g_ireland@...> wrote:
I only want to do that journey when I there's going to be activity.
Tony

Try this link:

http://www.microwavers.org/files/contests-2009.pdf

The 10G Cumulatives generate a small amount of activity although it seems easier to get microwavers to attend a distant meeting than it is to get them on the air...

As I have mentioned before I will be holidaying in Wales 26 July to 7 August and maybe we can make a sked for then?

Richard
G3CWI

Robert Price <g8dtf@...>

Hi Tony

The weather is almost always a challenge. I was lucky with the weather at the weekend, just a little windy.

These are the dates and times of the 10GHz contests for the rest of the year.

May 1st 10GHz Cumulative 31-May 0900 - 2000

Jun 2nd 10GHz Cumulative 21-Jun 0900 - 2000

Jul 3rd 10GHz Cumulative  26-Jul 0900 - 2000

Aug 4th 10GHz Cumulative 23-Aug 0900 - 2000

Sep 5th 10GHz Cumulative  27-Sep 0900 - 2000

Oct 432MHz & up Arranged by VHFCC 3-Oct to 4-Oct 1400 - 1400

We may be able to have a more local contact at the beginning of August as I am planning a holiday in Cork, Kerry and Clare in early August and I want to bring the 10GHz gear over.

regards

Bob

G8DTF

To: ukmicrowaves@...
Sent: Monday, 4 May, 2009 16:48:06
Subject: [ukmicrowaves] Re: Ghz in EI on Sunday

Yeah, certainly wasnt easy! It was windy and occasionly rainy. What are the best contests or activity weekends to look out for? I have the calender from the RGSB website, but as an outing to 3 rock is 6 hours return trip from my qth I only want to do that journey when I there's going to be activity.

Thanks

Tony

t--- In ukmicrowaves@ yahoogroups. com, Robert Price wrote:
>
> Hi Tony
>
> Well done on the first 3cm contact. I'll have to have a go a working you at 3 rock from Winter Hill. I couldn't get up the hill today unfortunately.
>
> regards
>
> Bob
> G8DTf
>
>
>
>
> ____________ _________ _________ __
> From: Tony Gallagher
> To: ukmicrowaves@ yahoogroups. com
> Sent: Sunday, 3 May, 2009 16:50:11
> Subject: [ukmicrowaves] Ghz in EI on Sunday
>
>
>
>
>
> Hi everyone,
> Just finished up on 3 rock in Dublin and I'm delighted to say I've had my first qso on 10Ghz with GD0EMG. Also, my first qso's on 23cm outside of EI including GM4CXM, G3VKV, G4EAT, G4PBP.
>
> Looking forward to the next Ghz contest!!! :)
>
> Tony EI4GHB
>

Thanks for that!
I've put them in my organiser,

73s

Tony

--- In ukmicrowaves@..., Robert Price <g8dtf@...> wrote:

Hi Tony

The weather is almost always a challenge. I was lucky with the weather at the weekend, just a little windy.

These are the dates and times of the 10GHz contests for the rest of the year.

May 1st 10GHz Cumulative 31-May 0900 - 2000Jun 2nd 10GHz Cumulative 21-Jun 0900 - 2000Jul 3rd 10GHz Cumulative  26-Jul 0900 - 2000Aug 4th 10GHz Cumulative 23-Aug 0900 - 2000Sep 5th 10GHz Cumulative  27-Sep 0900 - 2000Oct
We may be able to have a more local contact at the beginning of August as I am planning a holiday in Cork, Kerry and Clare in early August and I want to bring the 10GHz gear over.

regards

Bob
G8DTF

Sent: Monday, 4 May, 2009 16:48:06
Subject: [ukmicrowaves] Re: Ghz in EI on Sunday

Thanks

Tony

t--- In ukmicrowaves@ yahoogroups. com, Robert Price <g8dtf@> wrote:

Hi Tony

regards

Bob
G8DTf

____________ _________ _________ __
To: ukmicrowaves@ yahoogroups. com

Hi everyone,

Tony EI4GHB

432MHz & up Arranged by VHFCC 3-Oct to 4-Oct 1400 - 1400