PIC 18F2220 source?

Joe McElvenney <ximac@...>

Hi,

Anybody know of a UK source for the 18F2220 PIC as used in VE2ZAZ's
GPSDO? I have a programmed one from Bertrand for the project but need
a couple just to play with.

TIA - Joe G3LLV

Andy Talbot <andy.g4jnt@...>

Farnell
£3.52 each or £2.98 for 10

www.scrbg.org/g4jnt

2008/10/15 Joe McElvenney <ximac@btinternet.com>:

Hi,

Anybody know of a UK source for the 18F2220 PIC as used in VE2ZAZ's
GPSDO? I have a programmed one from Bertrand for the project but need
a couple just to play with.

TIA - Joe G3LLV

Joe McElvenney <ximac@...>

Hi,

Thanks to Andy and Chris but "Nil Stock Rules" at Farnell. It is my
fault, I should have said that I'd tried 'the usual suspects'. Mind
you, I waited most of the month for them to get some 16F887's in so I
suppose I can wait for the 18F2220's.

On occasions, when I've asked folks for a component source, I get
pointed at Digikey - great if you don't mind their charges :-(

73 de Joe, G3LLV

g0afh

Hi

I think you can buy from Microchip directly now.

http://www.microchipdirect.com/productsearch.aspx?Keywords=18f2220

73
Ian

Joe McElvenney wrote:

Hi,

Thanks to Andy and Chris but "Nil Stock Rules" at Farnell. It is my
fault, I should have said that I'd tried 'the usual suspects'. Mind
you, I waited most of the month for them to get some 16F887's in so I
suppose I can wait for the 18F2220's.

On occasions, when I've asked folks for a component source, I get
pointed at Digikey - great if you don't mind their charges :-(

73 de Joe, G3LLV

Andy Talbot <andy.g4jnt@...>

Oh yes - 'out of stock' in large unfriendly letters.
RS do have them for immediiate delivery at £3.65 each. I have an
account with RS, but believe they now sell direct.

But, you're probably going to say you've tried and there's a ludicrous
minimum order charge :-(

If you're really stuck I can lend you one (already programmed with the
ZAZ hardware), replace when they're back in.

Andy G4JNT

2008/10/15 Joe McElvenney <ximac@btinternet.com>:
Hi,

Thanks to Andy and Chris but "Nil Stock Rules" at Farnell. It is my
fault, I should have said that I'd tried 'the usual suspects'. Mind
you, I waited most of the month for them to get some 16F887's in so I
suppose I can wait for the 18F2220's.

On occasions, when I've asked folks for a component source, I get
pointed at Digikey - great if you don't mind their charges :-(

73 de Joe, G3LLV

www.scrbg.org/g4jnt

Chris Ruddy MM0KOS

HI All

I used Mode components for the same IC and was delivered quickly
(less than a week). Im Sure Chris Tredwell, a fellow amateur will be
more than happy to supply you with the component.
www.modecomponents.co.uk

Thanks Chris MM0KOS

--- In ukmicrowaves@yahoogroups.com, "Andy Talbot" <andy.g4jnt@...>
wrote:

[...]

Thanks Chris and Andy for your help and I've added Chris Tredwell to
my list. For some reason Andy, I didn't think RS had them in stock.
Perhaps I left 'PIC' off in the search box. As it happens they have
just the one left which I've ordered with a couple of other bits to
makeweight. There doesn't seem to be a delivery charge BTW - just the
dreaded VAT.

Where I worked in the Middle East there was an agent for RS who
charged well over the odds. When I complained about his prices saying
that I could get it for so-and-so in the UK, he used to reply, in his
polite eastern manner, "Why don't go to the UK and get it then."

But, you're probably going to say you've tried and there's a ludicrous
minimum order charge :-(
As I'm of Scots ancestry and live in Yorkshire, what else do you
expect me to say? Digikey, last time I looked, were charging a £12
handling fee (Farnell charge over £15 if they have to ship from
Newark).

I went to an auto-electrician recently to have an airbag cable
repaired that I couldn't reach under the driver's seat of my Rover 75.
He wanted to put it on the computer to diagnose what I'd already told
him was wrong. When I said, "No thanks; I don't want to pay you for
that as well", he told me to shove-off. Subsequently I had it done for
a knock-down price up the road. :-)

If you're really stuck I can lend you one (already programmed with the
ZAZ hardware), replace when they're back in.
Thanks for the kind offer but one will be enough as I'm only playing.

Cheers - Joe G3LLV

John E. Beech

Hi Joe,
I also have Scots ancestry & most of the Scots I have met were some of the most generous people I've ever met. It didn't stop them from being careful with their money, which is why they could probably afford to be generous.

On a pragmatic note I have an account with Farnell. For me there is no delivery charge on small items and I could have it sent direct to your (UK only)address, so if you need anything in future that Farnell has, please contact me & you can have them at cost. This doesn't apply to Newark stuff though as they import this from the @states, hence the surcharge.

de John G8SEQ.