Lidl levels

SAM JEWELL

Folks,
I visited the 2 Ipswich Lidl stores today in an effort to find enough levels to satisfy the requests I received to find levels for (mainly) overseas microwavers.

Both stores had just 4 levels each, so I was not able to satisfy all the requests. I'll respond according to when I received the requests. I will contact those who asked me to get them a level and arrange posting to them.

I think this may indicate that Lidl have carefully controlled the stock levels to individual stores and that more levels may appear in other stores in due course.
There was a mixture of the older and newer levels. The only difference I can see is that the boxes are a different colour!

If you notice that your local store is advertising the levels, and you don't mind helping out, then maybe you could let us all know on here. I'm sure the gesture would be appreciated.

73 de Sam, G4DDK

Mike Willis <m.j.willis@...>

I missed out as the Newbury store had none at all. I popped in as I was passing through Newbury. They were also not listed on their web page so not all shops are the same.

Mike

SAM JEWELL wrote:

[...]

David Jones <david.g6feo@...>

I got a level from Lidl in Rugby today, but I got charged £24.99, I'm going back to complain, they only had 2 levels in stock.

How about the other level they are selling, it's got a red laser diode in one end, could it be used for light communications????

David.

[...]

David Wrigley <zen130696@...>

Hi Mike,Sam

Unfortunately none in Rochdale either
- I did end up buying a set of Metric taps and dies - so it wasn't all wasted time.

73 David G6GXK

SAM JEWELL wrote:

Folks,
I visited the 2 Ipswich Lidl stores today in an effort to find enough
levels to satisfy the requests I received to find levels for (mainly)
overseas microwavers.

Both stores had just 4 levels each, so I was not able to satisfy all
the requests. I'll respond according to when I received the requests.
I will contact those who asked me to get them a level and arrange
posting to them.

73 de Sam, G4DDK
.

SAM JEWELL

Hi Dave,
likewise, I bought a set of those. At 4.99UKP they are excellent value and unlike some of the cheaper Chinese imports, these look reasonably well made. I even went back in the afternoon, with another local, who wanted to purchase a box.
The metal box they came in and the little handbook is totally unexpected in a cheap metric tap and die set.

There is still time to go to your local Lidl store and buy a set of these, for anyone who ever felt the need to tap their own heatsinks etc!

Like the digital level, at that price, you shouldn't need to ask twice.
They are due to be replaced in-store from tomorrow, so you need to go today.

Someone asked about the laser spirit level?  These are not suitable for comms links stuff. The beam pattern is a horizontal straight line, not a collimated beam. Great for levelling things!

On the subject of bargain stuff. I was introduced to another store yesterday. In there I found sets of miniature metric drill bits in 0.05mm increments from 0.3mm to 1mm and then 0.1mm to 1.6mm (one of each size). I suspect they are not particularly tough, but they might just be suitable for that odd small hole in a PCB.  These sell at just 1UKP + VAT a set.
For anyone reading this and coming to tomorrow's 'Last Saturday' meeting at the Orwell Truck stop, the store is only a few hundred yards away from there.

73 de Sam

No, I haven't got shares in Lidl's. But I do know a bargain when I see it!

Mike Willis wrote:

> I missed out as the Newbury store had none at all. I popped in as I was
> passing through Newbury. They were also not listed on their web page so
> not all shops are the same.
>
> Mike
>
> SAM JEWELL wrote:
> >
> > Folks,
> > I visited the 2 Ipswich Lidl stores today in an effort to find enough
> > levels to satisfy the requests I received to find levels for (mainly)
> > overseas microwavers.
> >
> > Both stores had just 4 levels each, so I was not able to satisfy all
> > the requests. I'll respond according to when I received the requests.
> > I will contact those who asked me to get them a level and arrange
> > posting to them.
>

> > 73 de Sam, G4DDK
> >

> .

Clive Jenner <clivejenner@...>

As usual I am late on parade with this, so the Lidl's I have checked had no stock. I think I will have to bit the bullet and pay top dollar. I have found several Digital Spirit Levels on eBay at various (higher) prices. Here is one example item number 280145137881.
Good luck and 73 Clive G0PPO

pjm <pauljmarsh@...>

I think I will have to bit the bullet and pay top dollar. I
have found several Digital Spirit Levels on eBay at various (higher)
prices.
Hi Clive,

Also 330159990331 is worth a look - 25£ including P&P.

Measuring Range ±180°
Resolution 0.1°
Accuracy 0.1°
Response Time <1.0 second
Operating Temp. 0-45°C
Power Lithium 3V (CR2032)
Battery Life 2000 hours
Weight 120g
Size 51 x 51 x 33mm
Auto Shut Off 5 minutes
Sealing IP54

not bad at all for the price...

regards,

Paul M0EYT.

Clive Jenner <clivejenner@...>

Hi thanks for the suggestion Paul, I don't know why I did not think of the alternative digital level you suggested as I saw them on eBay a couple of months ago. I wonder if they use the same chip?

I am ok now as I picked up one of the digital spirit levels at another Lidl I visited this morning. Fourth time lucky!

Mind you they were not as cheap as the original price quoted on here. Such is life.

73 Clive G0PPO