Martlesham Microwave Round Table Booking site up and r...

johnbwakefield@...

Comments noted.

However, this didn't work for me.  I wasn't getting what you obviously got for whatever reason.

John M0XIG

Mike Willis <m.j.willis@...>

Hello John,

That is why I asked if you had flushed your web cache. CNTRL F5. I find that my web cache at work will sometimes give strange results on web pages I have visited that have changed since. Also, some pop up blockers and security features can stop you seeing the frames properly. It may be you are using Linux or a MAC and Safari or Konqurer and these do not work with the code on the site. Anyone who uses Norton anything is likely to have problems with everything, so check that you have not inadvertently bought any Norton products.

I hid my own non-cleverness at web site design for the RAL registration by asking for Email confirmation by a web form. (Post method = mailto). This is not the done thing, but it is simple to code for those of us unfamiliar with ASP, PHP etc. Once day I will get to understand how to do it properly.

Peter Day <microwaves@...>

Mike Willis wrote:
Hello John,
That is why I asked if you had flushed your web cache. CNTRL F5. I find that my web cache at work will sometimes give strange results on web pages I have visited that have changed since.
Just set your browser options to empty the cache every time you shut it down. In these days of broadband, keeping webpages in a cache for days is unnecessary :-)

Peter, G3PHO

Peter Day <microwaves@...>

Mike Willis wrote:
Anyone who uses Norton anything is likely to have
problems with everything, so check that you have not inadvertently bought any Norton products.
Absolutely! I took Norton off three computers at different times because it just slowed everything down. I now use AVG anti virus (free) and Zone Alarm Pro for the firewall. Touch wood, I've not had a virus since the mid 90s...

Famous last words?

73

Peter G3PHO

Chris G8BKE

Anti-Vir is also very good and still runs with Windows 98

73 de Chris G8BKE

Web Site:-
http://www.qsl.net/g8bke/index.html

At 18:12 06/10/2006, you wrote:

Mike Willis wrote:
Hello John,

That is why I asked if you had flushed your web cache. CNTRL F5. I find
that my web cache at work will sometimes give strange results on web pages
I have visited that have changed since.
Just set your browser options to empty the cache every time you shut
it down. In these days of broadband, keeping webpages in a cache for
days is unnecessary :-)
Everyone accessing the web from work (tut tut) please ignore Peters advice. He has not come across the phenomenon of the corporate web cache that so many of us are behind for "our protection".

Peter, G3PHO

Paul - M0EYT <pauljmarsh@...>

He has not come across the phenomenon of the corporate web cache that
so many of us are behind for "our protection".
Corporate caches are pretty simple to circumvent. If say you are
visiting www.bbc.co.uk, you'll probably get a version of the page from
a local web caching proxy. Just use www.bbc.co.uk?3984752937592347 or
other random number. This wont have been requested before, so it will
force a clean 'get' from the www.bbc.co.uk site.

regards,

Paul M0EYT.