Martlesham Microwave Round Table Booking site up and running

John Quarmby

Sorry its a bit late this year, but we now have the Martlesham Microwave
Round Table Booking Site up and running at :

http://mmrt.homedns.org/index.html

Please book for the event and the evening meal on the website.

Hotel bookings must be made direct with the hotel, quoting the booking
reference code RCU to get the special rate. Please note that the special
rates cannot be guaranteed for bookings made after 20th October.

The programme details will appear shortly.

There are still plenty of spaces for the beginners workshop on the Saturday
so if you can encourage anyone considering getting on the microwaves to come
along they should gain a lot from it.

We are looking forward to welcoming you all to Martlesham on the 11th/12th
November!

73

John G3XDY
Martlesham Radio Society & UKUG

johnbwakefield@...

john,

Sorry but not impressed.  You send out a message to say that one can order food on the website and book event, but I cannot see how to do this.

There is a menu which I assume will be available but then cheques have to be send to martlesham radio club - that's fine, but if you require us to select from the menu at this stage how do we do it?

How do we pre-book the event or register.  I can find nowhere on site to do this.

I will have a meal and will be sending a cheque.  I will be attending on Saturday and will leave Sunday afternoon.  I will book the Hotel direct.

73

John M0XIG

Mike Willis <m.j.willis@...>

Personally, I was impressed. John has done a good job.

It worked fine for me buttons along the left. Did you remember to flush your cache? Are you disabling popups?

Mike

At 18:27 05/10/2006, you wrote:

john,

Sorry but not impressed. You send out a message to say that one can order food on the website and book event, but I cannot see how to do this.

There is a menu which I assume will be available but then cheques have to be send to martlesham radio club - that's fine, but if you require us to select from the menu at this stage how do we do it?

How do we pre-book the event or register. I can find nowhere on site to do this.

I will have a meal and will be sending a cheque. I will be attending on Saturday and will leave Sunday afternoon. I will book the Hotel direct.

73

John M0XIG

Jonathan Naylor <naylorjs@...>

Oh dear.

Obviously simple web pages are too complex for some people.

Look, it's really very simple.

On the main screen, there is a button marked Book on the left hand
side. Click that with the left mouse button.

Then you'll get another screen, on it is an entry that says "Register
a new person", you'll see that the word Register is a little different
from the rest, this is called a hyperlink, click that with your left
mouse button.

You'll then get a helpful screen talking about privacy, click the
Continue button at the bottom, with the left hand mouse button.

Then, as if by magic, you get the booking screen. And what is
absolutely amazing, is that the choice of food is displayed. You can
also say which days that you'll be attending, and other important stuff.

Wow, praise be!

Now, next time you have a problem with a web page, please engage your
brain before sending off an insulting message.

OK?

Jonathan ON/G4KLX

John Quarmby

Plaudits for the website design go to Jason G7OCD - my web design skills are
minimal I'm afraid!

73

John G3XDY

At 18:27 05/10/2006, you wrote:

john,

Sorry but not impressed. You send out a message to say that one can
order
food on the website and book event, but I cannot see how to do this.

There is a menu which I assume will be available but then cheques have to
be send to martlesham radio club - that's fine, but if you require us to
select from the menu at this stage how do we do it?

How do we pre-book the event or register. I can find nowhere on site to
do this.

I will have a meal and will be sending a cheque. I will be attending on
Saturday and will leave Sunday afternoon. I will book the Hotel direct.

73

John M0XIG

Yahoo! Groups Links

----