From: "Willis, MJ (Michael)" <m.j.willis@rl.ac.uk>
To: <ukmicrowaves@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2006 10:13 PM
Subject: [ukmicrowaves] Food and Round Tables

As many of those attending the Round Table next week will know, there is a
canteen and it has been possible in recent years to sit down and have a nice
hot lunch as well as tea and coffee.

As the catering is outsourced and the contractor has recently changed, this
year if we want the catering staff to be there and access to the canteen I
will have to pay for them to come in specially, cost circa 130. That is
under 2 each but we will need to find it somehow.

So, do people want lunch? Should we ask for a donation towards the cost?

Mike

Yahoo! Groups Links

Willis, MJ &#92;(Michael&#92;) <m.j.willis@...>

As many of those attending the Round Table next week will know, there is a canteen and it has been possible in recent years to sit down and have a nice hot lunch as well as tea and coffee.

As the catering is outsourced and the contractor has recently changed, this year if we want the catering staff to be there and access to the canteen I will have to pay for them to come in specially, cost circa £130. That is under £2 each but we will need to find it somehow.

So, do people want lunch? Should we ask for a donation towards the cost?

Mike

Sean Williams <m1ecy@...>

Hi Mike,

A fine suggestion - I am more than happy to contribute.

73
Sean
M1ECY

On 20/04/2006 22:13:44, Willis, MJ (Michael) (m.j.willis@...) wrote:
> As many of those attending the Round Table next week will know, there is a
> canteen and it has been possible in recent years to sit down and have a
> nice hot lunch as well as tea and coffee.
>
> As the catering is outsourced and the contractor has recently changed,
> this year if we want the catering staff to be there and access to the
> canteen I will have to pay for them to come in specially, cost circa £130.
> That is under £2 each but we will need to find it somehow.
>
> So, do people want lunch? Should we ask for a donation towards the cost?
>
> Mike

Ralph

Dear Mike,
I am more than happy to put up my share to enable us to be able to have lunch,
or it is going to be a long day.
73
Ralph
G4ALY
.

David Wrigley <davidwrigley@...>

As many of those attending the Round Table next week will know, there is a
canteen and it has been possible in recent years to sit down and have a nice
hot lunch as well as tea and coffee.

As the catering is outsourced and the contractor has recently changed, this
year if we want the catering staff to be there and access to the canteen I
will have to pay for them to come in specially, cost circa £130. That is
under £2 each but we will need to find it somehow.

So, do people want lunch? Should we ask for a donation towards the cost?

Mike
Yahoo! Groups Links

Hi Mike,

No doubts at all in my mind - we need the food!!

I think that the cost should be included in the food costs. But if there is
a problem with a shortfall, I for one would be more than happy to pay a
share of it.

73 David, G6GXK

powis family <powis.dfamilyj@...>

Hi Mike - yes I'm happy to make the contribution!
73,
Dave, G4HUP

As many of those attending the Round Table next week will know, there is a canteen and it has been possible in recent years to sit down and have a nice hot lunch as well as tea and coffee.

As the catering is outsourced and the contractor has recently changed, this year if we want the catering staff to be there and access to the canteen I will have to pay for them to come in specially, cost circa 130. That is under 2 each but we will need to find it somehow.

So, do people want lunch? Should we ask for a donation towards the cost?

Mike

Yahoo! Groups Links

Doug G4DZU

No problem at all, the food is good.

Doug

G4DZU

As many of those attending the Round Table next week will know, there is a canteen and it has been possible in recent years to sit down and have a nice hot lunch as well as tea and coffee.

As the catering is outsourced and the contractor has recently changed, this year if we want the catering staff to be there and access to the canteen I will have to pay for them to come in specially, cost circa £130. That is under £2 each but we will need to find it somehow.

So, do people want lunch? Should we ask for a donation towards the cost?

Mike

jfell@...

Lunch facility would be appreciated by me - happy to contribute whatever
you decide.

73 de G0API

g4cch_1

Hi Mike,

I would very much like a hot lunch, and have no problem with the
concept of paying for it... it's what I would expect.

73 & CU at RAL

Howard - G4CCH

--- In ukmicrowaves@yahoogroups.com, "Willis, MJ &#92;(Michael&#92;)"
<m.j.willis@...> wrote:

As many of those attending the Round Table next week will know,
there is a canteen and it has been possible in recent years to sit
down and have a nice hot lunch as well as tea and coffee.

As the catering is outsourced and the contractor has recently
changed, this year if we want the catering staff to be there and
access to the canteen I will have to pay for them to come in
specially, cost circa £130. That is under £2 each but we will need to
find it somehow.

So, do people want lunch? Should we ask for a donation towards the
cost?

Mike

Chris G8BKE

Yes please for the hot lunch....happy to contribute.

73 de Chris G8BKE

Web Site:-
http://www.qsl.net/g8bke/index.html

g0ewn191 <g0ewn191@...>

Hi Mike--I,m more than happy to contribute to cost of cattering--the
food was excellent last year--CU at RAL, best wishes Gordon, G0EWN

Talbot Andrew <actalbot@...>

Fodder - Yes Please.

Andy G4JNT
www.scrbg.org/g4jnt/

"This e-mail is intended for the recipient only. If you are not the
intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print,
or rely upon this e-mail. If an addressing or transmission error has
misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail."

"Recipients should note that all e-mail traffic on MOD systems is
subject to monitoring and auditing."

Conrad_G0RUZ <conrad@...>

I vote yes, the food was welcome last year. BTW the banner on the RAL site says that we are having a lecture by GW4DJU, who's he then :-)

73

Conrad G0RUZ

"This e-mail is intended for the recipient only.  If you are not the
intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print,
or rely upon this e-mail. If an addressing or transmission error has
misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail."

"Recipients should note that all e-mail traffic on MOD systems is
subject to monitoring and auditing."

ROGER KENDALL <Roger.Kendall@...>

Food - yes please.  Its always been very good there so I don't mind paying the extra.

Regards,

Roger, G0UPU.

"Willis, MJ (Michael)" wrote:

As many of those attending the Round Table next week will know, there is a canteen and it has been possible in recent years to sit down and have a nice hot lunch as well as tea and coffee.

As the catering is outsourced and the contractor has recently changed, this year if we want the catering staff to be there and access to the canteen I will have to pay for them to come in specially, cost circa 130. That is under 2 each but we will need to find it somehow.

So, do people want lunch? Should we ask for a donation towards the cost?

Mike

Yahoo! Groups Links

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Willis, MJ &#92;(Michael&#92;) <m.j.willis@...>

I have fixed it now.

Mike

"This e-mail is intended for the recipient only. If you are not the
intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print,
or rely upon this e-mail. If an addressing or transmission error has
misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this
e-mail."

"Recipients should note that all e-mail traffic on MOD systems is
subject to monitoring and auditing."

_____

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

* Visit your group "ukmicrowaves
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ukmicrowaves> " on the web.

<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

_____

Heath, GW3HWR <gw3hwr_2@...>

Put me down for the lunch, I've a long trip home and I would prefer to set off with some food in my stomach.

Cu, Heath.

Willis, MJ &#92;(Michael&#92;) <m.j.willis@...>

Good evening everyone,

Just to confirm I have booked our lunch. We will be asking for donations towards the extra costs at the meeting.

Regards
Mike

"