From: ukmicrowaves@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:ukmicrowaves@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of G0RUZ Conrad
Sent: 26 October 2005 19:31
To: ukmicrowaves@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [ukmicrowaves] HP 10811-60111 info

Hello I recently purchased an HP 10811-60111 OXCO from eBay
and would like to commence work on locking it to GPS. I have
a CT1DMK gen-lock board from John G8ACE and I would like to
find a suitable GPS RX. Do they all output 1 pps and if so
how lock does it take to achieve stability in practice?

The HP OCXO came on a board marked D42903F 05328-20027 does
anyone have details of this board or at least the connections
for the edge connector? I hope to build a nice reliable 10
MHz source and then lock all my transverter local oscillators
to this. When the crystals arrive I should have OCXOs for
13 and 3cms to start with.

73

Conrad G0RUZ

Brian Flynn GM8BJF

G0RUZ Conrad wrote:
Hello I recently purchased an HP 10811-60111 OXCO from eBay and would like
to commence work on locking it to GPS. I have a CT1DMK gen-lock board from
John G8ACE and I would like to find a suitable GPS RX. Do they all output 1
pps and if so how lock does it take to achieve stability in practice?
The HP OCXO came on a board marked D42903F 05328-20027 does anyone have
details of this board or at least the connections for the edge connector? I
hope to build a nice reliable 10 MHz source and then lock all my transverter
local oscillators to this. When the crystals arrive I should have OCXOs for
13 and 3cms to start with.
73
Conrad G0RUZ
I got one of these PCBs + OCXO recently. It is for an HP counter. Details are in the manual. I have it as a PDF. Iwill dig it out and send it when I get a minute. The counter is the 5328 as per the part number of the PCB.

73s

Brian.
GM8BJF

--
Dr Brian W Flynn
15 Riselaw Crescent

Email brian.flynn@tiscali.co.uk

Phone (44) 0131 447 4043

G0RUZ Conrad <conrad@...>

Thanks Brian that would be very helpful.

Conrad G0RUZ

[...]

Talbot Andrew <actalbot@...>

 All GPS modules you can buy off-the-shelf have a 1 PPS output.  If you are using that to lock a good OXCO then expect a lock up time of a few  minutes to several hours depending on how you want to trade off the PLL parameters, trading instantaneous frequency accuracy against lockup.  I believe the CT1 design allows you to customise the loop parameters as you want.

GPS receivers themselves give a short term timing variation of a few parts in 10^-9 over tens of seconds to minutes so for microwaves, at least above 5.7GHz, its nice to smooth this out otherwise you'll end up with a tone that wanders just about audibly.  A

THe Motorola Oncore in many of its variants (M12, GT, UT) is one of the easier to drive modules, as is the Garmin Family (GPS25, 35).  The Jupiter-T has a 10kHz output which makes frequency locking a lot simpler, but it not such a nice board to drive if you are interresteed in the data from it.

Take a look at the presentation I gave to the HFC a few weeks ago on using GPS.

It can be found at:   www.frars.org.uk

Andy  G4JNT

Hello I recently purchased an HP 10811-60111 OXCO from eBay and would like
to commence work on locking it to GPS. I have a CT1DMK gen-lock board from
John G8ACE and I would like to find a suitable GPS RX. Do they all output 1
pps and if so how lock does it take to achieve stability in practice?

The HP OCXO came on a board marked D42903F 05328-20027 does anyone have
details of this board or at least the connections for the edge connector? I
hope to build a nice reliable 10 MHz source and then lock all my transverter
local oscillators to this. When the crystals arrive I should have OCXOs for
13 and 3cms to start with.

73

Conrad G0RUZ

"The Information contained in this E-Mail and any subsequent correspondence"
"is private and is intended solely for the intended recipient(s)."
"For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution, "
"or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on such information is"
"prohibited and may be unlawful."

Brian Flynn GM8BJF

Dear Conrad,

You can download the manual for the 5328A Frequency counter from

http://bama.edebris.com/manuals/hp/

If you look at page 175 (on Adobe Acrobat) you get the circuit and details
of the PCB
with the OCXO on it. I used the PCB and OCXO quite successfully in a Brookes
Shera setup.

I tried to email it to you but your ISP objected as it is quite big!

73s

Brian GM8BJF

Date: 27/10/2005

Date: 27/10/2005

G0RUZ Conrad <conrad@...>

Brian thanks very much, I have the data now and in fact I have a nice stable
10 MHz signal!

[...]

s.yahoo.com/group/ukmicrowaves</a>>"
on the web.<BR>
<BR>
* To unsubscribe from this group,
[...]
------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor <BR>
--------------------~--> Get fast access to your favorite
<BR> Yahoo!
Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page <BR> <a
href="http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/ELTolB/TM">http:
//us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/ELTolB/TM</a><BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</tt>

<!-- |**|begin egp html banner|**| -->

<hr style="border-bottom:1px; width:500px; text-align:left;">
<tt>YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS</tt>
<ul>
<tt><li type=square> Visit your group "<a
href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ukmicrowaves">ukmicrowaves</a>"
on the web.<br> </tt>
<tt><li type=square> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email
to:<br>
<a
href="mailto:ukmicrowaves-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=
</tt>
<tt><li type=square> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject
to the <a href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/">Yahoo!
Terms of Service</a>.</tt>
</ul>
<hr style="border-bottom:1px; width:500px;
text-align:left;"> </div>

Peter Day <microwaves@...>

G0RUZ Conrad wrote:
I think for now that I am ok with 10 MHz David, unless someone has an Adret
that they wish to sell me. I don't have a satisfactory microwave signal
generator and I am actively looking for one. Of course some people have two!
Some of us NEED two!

73

Peter, G3PHO