24 GHz May 2nd ?

Martyn G3UKV

Not a single QSO on 24 GHz today from excellent site. (IO82QL83).
Tks G4OGA for try - but was there anyone else available with a sporting chance of a QSO ?
Monitored 'KST and 2 metres most of day.
73 Martyn G3UKV (as G3ZME/P)

Martyn G3UKV

Ooops - that's Keith G4ODA

On 02/05/2021 18:42, Martyn Vincent wrote:
Not a single QSO on 24 GHz today from excellent site. (IO82QL83).
Tks G4OGA for try - but was there anyone else available with a sporting chance of a QSO ?
Monitored 'KST and 2 metres most of day.
73 Martyn G3UKV (as G3ZME/P)

John Quarmby

I had 24GHz on the tower but it would be a stretch from here to IO82QL. No QSOs, one try with G4ODA right at the end (thanks Keith).

73

John G3XDY

On 02/05/2021 17:42, Martyn G3UKV wrote:
Not a single QSO on 24 GHz today from excellent site. (IO82QL83).
Tks G4OGA for try - but was there anyone else available with a sporting chance of a QSO ?
Monitored 'KST and 2 metres most of day.
73 Martyn G3UKV (as G3ZME/P)

militaryoperator

Ooops - that's Keith G4ODA

On 02/05/2021 18:42, Martyn Vincent wrote:
Not a single QSO on 24 GHz today from excellent site. (IO82QL83).
Tks G4OGA for try - but was there anyone else available with a sporting chance of a QSO ?
Monitored 'KST and 2 metres most of day.
73 Martyn G3UKV (as G3ZME/P)

I couldn't even get a decent qso rate on 23 or 9 Martyn despite calling and calling.

Should have stayed in bed, much warmer and interesting.

Hey ho.

Ben G4BXD

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

The situation should improve ... there are a number of the Polish 2 watt systems in build ...

On Sun, 2 May 2021 at 19:32, John Quarmby via groups.io <g3xdy=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

I had 24GHz on the tower but it would be a stretch from here to IO82QL. No QSOs, one try with G4ODA right at the end (thanks Keith).

73

John G3XDY

On 02/05/2021 17:42, Martyn G3UKV wrote:
Not a single QSO on 24 GHz today from excellent site. (IO82QL83).
Tks G4OGA for try - but was there anyone else available with a sporting chance of a QSO ?
Monitored 'KST and 2 metres most of day.
73 Martyn G3UKV (as G3ZME/P)

Dominique Dehays

Hi all ,

24Ghz is a tougth band , a 59+ report on 3cm can well yield to 0 qso on 24.

73

Dom

Le 03/05/2021 à 11:05, Robin Szemeti - G1YFG a écrit :
The situation should improve ... there are a number of the Polish 2 watt systems in build ...

On Sun, 2 May 2021 at 19:32, John Quarmby via groups.io <g3xdy=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

I had 24GHz on the tower but it would be a stretch from here to IO82QL. No QSOs, one try with G4ODA right at the end (thanks Keith).

73

John G3XDY

On 02/05/2021 17:42, Martyn G3UKV wrote:
Not a single QSO on 24 GHz today from excellent site. (IO82QL83).
Tks G4OGA for try - but was there anyone else available with a sporting chance of a QSO ?
Monitored 'KST and 2 metres most of day.
73 Martyn G3UKV (as G3ZME/P)

John Quarmby

Considering that the best report I gave on 10GHz over the contest period was 57, I expected nil on 24GHz. Not much local activity to draw on at present.

73

John G3XDY

On 03/05/2021 09:16, Dominique Dehays wrote:

[...]

Getting a few more 24 GHz permanent home stations active and setting up some regular MGM skeds might be fun. I've shipped out 11 sets of connector and PSU boards for the Wavelab transverters now to UK folks (and 14 to overseas stations).

I'll keep my Kuhne transverter for EME and put one of my Wavelabs on the mast with the 3cm terrestrial kit to catch any brief enhancements. I'll need to build a VLNA to get the NF low enough to get down to thermally-limited sensitivity, I'm sure.

Neil G4DBN

On 03/05/2021 12:40, John Quarmby via groups.io wrote:

Considering that the best report I gave on 10GHz over the contest period was 57, I expected nil on 24GHz. Not much local activity to draw on at present.

Dominique Dehays

Hi Neil and all ,

I try to avoid digital on microwaves , only SSB/CW but a good dx workhorse for 24Ghz is rain scatter , I have worked quite a number of stations in this mode. Of course never with 59s reports but once the 10Ghz report is very very strong , it is a good idea to try 24Ghz.

I had once a half qso with Maurice F6DKW at 600km via RS. It was a half one because that day Maurice was runing less power than I.Best complete qso on RS yet is 450km.

73

Dom

g4bao

My 24GHz terrestrial system is temporarily down here, along with my other GHz Stuff.
Just waiting for a 4m 10gauge pole to arrive from metals4U then I should have 23/9/3 and 1,2cms back up a little higher at 10m AGL. That doesn't really help me to the east and NE due to trees.

Always happy to test, any mode. In the meantime you can always look for GB3CAM and GB3PKT in this direction

My 24GHz EME system is now build and RX tested, just plucking up courage to power up the replacement TWT.
If all goes well I plan to be QRV on the next Moon cycle in a couple of weeks time.
EME is the only way I'm going to get that elusive 5th square from this QTH for the UKuG 24GHz squares award I'm chasing!

73
John

G8ACE

When I went to put my 47 GHz contact reports in I couldnt find any mention of this contest on the Microwavers website.  Maybe thats why there was little activity unless I totally missed its mention.  I was then sent a link to the RSGB site where it was mentioned - but rules is rules, you have to be an RSGB member to enter, so no better off than not being able to find it on the Microwavers site.  Maybe I have it all wrong ?  I did work two stations on 47 GHz new to the band so some satisfaction at least.
73 John G8ACE

Andy G4JNT

You could, of course, join the RSGB :-)

On Tue, 4 May 2021 at 11:00, G8ACE <hazellje@...> wrote:
When I went to put my 47 GHz contact reports in I couldnt find any mention of this contest on the Microwavers website.  Maybe thats why there was little activity unless I totally missed its mention.  I was then sent a link to the RSGB site where it was mentioned - but rules is rules, you have to be an RSGB member to enter, so no better off than not being able to find it on the Microwavers site.  Maybe I have it all wrong ?  I did work two stations on 47 GHz new to the band so some satisfaction at least.
73 John G8ACE

Dave (G1OGY)

On Tue, 4 May 2021 at 11:00, G8ACE <hazellje@gmail.com> wrote:

you have to be an RSGB member to enter,
73 John G8ACE
_._,_._,_
`Twas Ever thus`.
You can enter a checklog. It will be acknowledged.

Dave, G1OGY

Roger Ray

I don’t remember 47G ever bring used in this contest before. May be I am not going back far enough? 24G yes by one or two. Great there is more interest.
It will be good to see new 24 & 47G stations on for for the first of the UK microwave group contests on 16th May.
Any activity up to now appreciated via G4BAO for Scatterpoint next week. Or, anything else direct to the editor.
Roger
G8CUB