Topics

122 GHz project

Paul G8KFW

Dear all

Regarding the 122 GHz project

The number of UK amateurs that are taking part currently stands at 29

The UK order comprises of
43 complete and assembled PCB's with an additional 10 blank PCB's

The total order for manufacturing now stands at over 200 PCB's
with 175 to be delivered fully assembled. With the UK taking 25 %

Considering the original quotation was based on a much smaller number

The VK coordinator is going to ask for a re quote this week for a reduced
price

With this in mind ordering now with the large order should result in a
better price possibly not to be repeated as generating another order for 200
plus might not be possible

So please if any of you are thinking but are still on the fence please com
and join the existing 29 and hopefully we can make it 40 as we currently
only have approximately 8 working above 100 Ghz in the UK

All the relevant information can be found on The122GProject@groups.io

Regards Paul

--
Paul Bicknell G8KFW   South Coast UK

Steve G4KNZ

Hi Paul,

I've considered getting off the fence, as I really want to get back into operating on some mm-bands.
But there are so many posts, about this I really don't know who I should send my request to for a complete PCB.
Someone in the UK, or someone on the The122Project group, possibly in VK?

Can you clarify?

Paul G8KFW

Hi Steve

Regarding orders  Roger Ray was designated the UK Coordinator  in the early stages of the 122 Ghz project

Although roger  and I where familiar with the Device before Tim in VK became the VK coordinator

So sending your order to Roger Ray in the UK is how you place orders  sending the order to this site also inspires others

I have includes Rogers in this E mail to ensure he receives this the question is what do you want to order

Made UP  PCB $204  small horn for large dish $72   Reference 21 dB horn  $110    Blank PCB $25  all prices US $  plus UK duty and tax

I do not recommend a blank PCB unless you have a Made UP  PCB at $204     as the main  IC  cannot be ordered in one off’s

The idea is to get a big would wide order to reduce the build cost from those laid out

All the information / files is on the        The122GProject@groups.io          This also helps people to buddy up that live close to each other

So from my reckoning assuming you order 1 Made UP  PCB at $204   we will have 30 + people in the UK with 45 assembled / Made UP  PCB

The would total order is over 200  with the UK taking about 25%

Regards Paul

I've considered getting off the fence, as I really want to get back into operating on some mm-bands.
But there are so many posts, about this I really don't know who I should send my request to for a complete PCB.
Someone in the UK, or someone on the The122Project group, possibly in VK?

Can you clarify?

No virus found in this message.
Internal Virus Database is out of date.

--
Paul Bicknell G8KFW   South Coast UK

Steve G4KNZ

Thanks Paul for the info.

I will email Roger, assuming I can find his email address, to order (a) a made up PCB, and (b) the small horn for a dish.

Regards,
Steve G4KNZ