Topics

122?

militaryoperator

There was mention of some zoom or such on  using 122Ghz soon.

Where and when?

Ben

--------------------------------------
Curator, Owner and Display coordinator
Military Wireless Museum
Kidderminster, UK.

This message was meant for the recipient
Any likeness to persons living or dead is odd
---------------------------------------

John Quarmby

The following will appear in Scatterpoint shortly:

A UK Microwave Group Online Lecture streamed by the BATC

Wednesday 11th November 2020 at 20:00

Chris Whitmarsh G0FDZ will be presenting his guide to the millimetre waves in this online talk. He will cover all aspects of the millimetre bands including users, propagation, antennas and feeders, basic equipment for each band to 241 GHz and beyond, and finish with mentioning the use of SDR for identifying weak signals.

There should be something in the talk for everyone from beginner on the millimetre bands to expert. However, there is no heavy maths or theory to blow your mind!

The talk will be streamed on this URL:

https://batc.org.uk/live/ukmicrowave

We look forward to welcoming all to the talk.

Please put the 9th December 2020 in your diary for the next talk in this series.

73

John G3XDY

UKuG Secretary

On 29/10/2020 09:58, militaryoperator via groups.io wrote:

There was mention of some zoom or such on  using 122Ghz soon.

Where and when?

Ben

--------------------------------------
Curator, Owner and Display coordinator
Military Wireless Museum
Kidderminster, UK.

This message was meant for the recipient
Any likeness to persons living or dead is odd

I had been holding out for David Minchin's 122GHz thing, but I am not sure what's become of that. It looked excellent in Dubus and I think would be my preferred solution for 122GHz,  I think it is getting closer, but I think they keep tweaking it, so it's not got nearer a release yet.  There is probably a group or forum for it, but I've not managed to locate it yet.

On Thu, 29 Oct 2020 at 14:08, John Quarmby via groups.io <g3xdy=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

f1ghb

Hello Robin,

Have you received my direct emails ?

Best 73s
Eric F1GHB

@Eric:  nope I have not seen your direct mails :(  I will go and check the spam.

@G4JNT   Yep, totally different project.

On Thu, 29 Oct 2020 at 15:10, Andy G4JNT <andy.g4jnt@...> wrote:

[...]

Paul G8KFW

Hi Andy

Could you explain G4JNT   Yep, totally different project

Ad com back with information about the other 122 Ghz project

Best regards Paul

[...]

Internal Virus Database is out of date.

--
Paul Bicknell G8KFW   South Coast UK

Andy G4JNT

Oh.
I glanced at that article in Dubus, thought "it's the same as the other one" so didn't bother looking at it.
Must go back and read it now.

On Thu, 29 Oct 2020 at 18:02, Paul G8KFW <paul@...> wrote:

[...]

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

The forum Andy mentioned is for a completely different project to the one I am interested in.

The one I am interested in is by David Minchin, VK5KK and was featured on the front of a Dubus earlier in the year.  It looks like this:

image.png

I think David has boards and is ready to release, but I understand he is rather busy with work and I have pestered him a few times already, I don't want to pester him again.