10Ghz preamp?

militaryoperator

Anyone making preamps for 10Ghz. I have one, an HEMT type which does work but before I shoehorn it into my 10Ghz box I was just wondering if there's better out there, built of course. No facilities for making pcb's etc.

Ben

geoffrey pike

HI Ben,
Its time for you to meet Franco's SU-02 board as it will do you well on 3cms (and other bands)
You need a sharp knife and some soldering abilities

page 60
cheers
Geoff
GI0GDP

On Tuesday, 13 July 2021, 22:24:34 BST, militaryoperator via groups.io <military1944@...> wrote:

Anyone making preamps for 10Ghz. I have one, an HEMT type which does work but before I shoehorn it into my 10Ghz box I was just wondering if there's better out there, built of course. No facilities for making pcb's etc.

Ben

militaryoperator

HI Ben,
Its time for you to meet Franco's SU-02 board as it will do you well on 3cms (and other bands)
You need a sharp knife and some soldering abilities

page 60
cheers
Geoff
GI0GDP

Have to buy my milling machine first to make that milled box I guess. hi.

Ben

David Redman

Franco sells milled boxes with a lid, give the website a good search

Dave
G4IDR

On Wed, 14 Jul 2021, 09:49 militaryoperator via groups.io, <Military1944=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
HI Ben,
Its time for you to meet Franco's SU-02 board as it will do you well on 3cms (and other bands)
You need a sharp knife and some soldering abilities

page 60
cheers
Geoff
GI0GDP

Have to buy my milling machine first to make that milled box I guess. hi.

Ben

Pete - GM4BYF

I used two cut outs from Franco's Boards back to back BUT the upper side of the second board must be on the opposite side to the first one to avoid feedback issues. Works a treat on 10Ghz. If interested can post some photos.

73
Pete GM4BYF

--
vry 73
Pete GM4BYF

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

The Kuhne LNAs are available, and a reliable performer.

On Wed, 14 Jul 2021 at 10:28, David Redman <davidredmang4idr@...> wrote:
Franco sells milled boxes with a lid, give the website a good search

Dave
G4IDR

On Wed, 14 Jul 2021, 09:49 militaryoperator via groups.io, <Military1944=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
HI Ben,
Its time for you to meet Franco's SU-02 board as it will do you well on 3cms (and other bands)
You need a sharp knife and some soldering abilities

page 60
cheers
Geoff
GI0GDP

Have to buy my milling machine first to make that milled box I guess. hi.

Ben

SAM JEWELL

I can confirm that they can be used, with a simple mod, on 6cm and I would guess, on 8GHz, for DSN. Very versatile and a very cheap solution to low cost X band LNAs.

73 de Sam, G4DDK

On 14 Jul 2021, at 11:12, Pete - GM4BYF via groups.io <gm4byf@...> wrote:

[...]

Steve G4HTZ

Don’t forget Franco has a minimum order of £25 and DHL the only option for the parcel at £24 …..makes those boards a bit more expensive unless putting in a reasonable size order …..
--
Steve G4HTZ
JO01JN60

also known to be active occasionally on 70cms DATV

SAM JEWELL

Mine were bought from Franco at Friedrichshafen, some years ago, so all that pfaffing around was not a problem. Clearly a lot has changed! I will have to hang on to my remaining few until I see him again.........
73 de Sam

On 14 Jul 2021, at 13:22, Steve G4HTZ via groups.io <essexsteve@...> wrote:

Don’t forget Franco has a minimum order of £25 and DHL the only option for the parcel at £24 …..makes those boards a bit more expensive unless putting in a reasonable size order …..
--
Steve G4HTZ
JO01JN60
Great Wakering, Essex
24ghz 1.8w 80cm dish

also known to be active occasionally on 70cms DATV

militaryoperator

Don’t forget Franco has a minimum order of £25 and DHL the only option for the parcel at £24 …..makes those boards a bit more expensive unless putting in a reasonable size order …..
--
Steve G4HTZ

Looks like I'll be sending Michael another £200 quid or so.

What a shame there's no UK supplier.

hey ho.

Ben

Andy

You could organise a group purchase amongst the people on here and spread the costs amonst the many.

Don’t forget Franco has a minimum order of £25 and DHL the only option for the parcel at £24 …..makes those boards a bit more expensive unless putting in a reasonable size order …..
--
Steve G4HTZ

Looks like I'll be sending Michael another £200 quid or so.

What a shame there's no UK supplier.

hey ho.

Ben

Greg - ZL3IX

I'm now at that point as well. I have recovered some NE3512s out of a redundant satellite LNB, and have designed the input noise match for 10.4 GHz. According to SonnetLite the NF degradation through using 0.5 mm FR4 is only 0.2 dB, so I'm going to try that route via one of the Chinese fab houses. No PCB facilities here either!

73, Greg, ZL3IX

David Redman

Mike and all,

I was going to order a few parts as well

If some demand then I would be prepared to run a one off group purchase scheme from RF Microwave for UK amateurs
I don't really want the hassle of onward shipping overseas

Closing date Saturday 24th July 09.00z

Remember the costs would be RF Microwave + UK VAT , possibly import duty , the UPS postal charge + a probable UPS handling charge for paying UK government VAT on my behalf etc + any small postal / packing  cost from my QTH Huddersfield onto you
I'll forget my bank charges for the joy of GBP / Euro conversion.costs

You can pay me by paypal or collect from this QTH with proper socially distanced cash or decent red wine.

Let me know your requirements ( send to davidredmang4idr@... ) and I'll prepare a master list to guide my order
I'll also need your home address.

Given the high costs to get to the UK and it looks like Franco has sold the business ( + I guess then prices going up ) it might even be my last order for some time , let's see

Dave
G4IDR

On Fri, 16 Jul 2021 at 12:06, Mike GD6ICR <gd6icr@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Im up for a group purchase - Im willing to buy 5 for my own use so come on can we purchase them and put them in the microwave stocks.
--
Mike GD6ICR IO74PF73TW

militaryoperator

Given the high costs to get to the UK and it looks like Franco has sold the business ( + I guess then prices going up ) it might even be my last order for some time , let's see

Does no one know a local ham who could get these then simply resend them to the UK as a private individual? as gifts with little value?

Ben

Colin Ranson

All,

If anyone is making a bulk purchase from ‘Franco’ I would like a milled enclosure for the 10GHz pre-amp. I will pay in advance of course.

Thanks,

Colin de G8LBS

Sent from Mail for Windows 10