10GHz EME

John Fell

G4RFR is currently testing off the Moon on 10368.050MHz using Q65E - 60S.
CFOM is in use .
Any calls welcome , in any mode -CW/SSB /digital.
If you hear the signal we would appreciate any SWL reports .
Although at Apogee the return echoes are good , low spreading .
Taking -4dB reports from DL0SHF .

73
John
G0API
G4RFR EME Group

Andy G4JNT

If you're getting -4dB S/N reports with a 3.2m dish, then it would be around -18dB  with a 0.6m dish - which we all have.
Still with 4 - 5dB in hand to allow for indifferent feeder losses.

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 at 17:32, John Fell <john.g0api@...> wrote:
G4RFR is currently testing off the Moon on 10368.050MHz using Q65E - 60S.
CFOM is in use .
Any calls welcome , in any mode -CW/SSB /digital.
If you hear the signal we would appreciate any SWL reports .
Although at Apogee the return echoes are good , low spreading .
Taking -4dB reports from DL0SHF .

73
John
G0API
G4RFR EME Group

John Fell

Thanks for the help with the Q65 yesterday - guess you were in Winchester ?

There was a single decode at -3dB during the short session looking at DL0SHF .

The dish is actually 12Ft diameter (3.657m ?) .

I have decoded DL0SHF several times at -20 dB ish in the past few years using my normal 60cm offset Tropo system using QRA6.. and MK1 eyeball , so anyone with similar size elevateable dish using Q65 should be able to get decodes - this was most probably at optimum pathloss phases , so the new mode needs testing here at home .

Julian has the notes of tests , so will pass these along when written up .

73
John
G0API

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 at 18:01, Andy G4JNT <andy.g4jnt@...> wrote:
If you're getting -4dB S/N reports with a 3.2m dish, then it would be around -18dB  with a 0.6m dish - which we all have.
Still with 4 - 5dB in hand to allow for indifferent feeder losses.

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 at 17:32, John Fell <john.g0api@...> wrote:
G4RFR is currently testing off the Moon on 10368.050MHz using Q65E - 60S.
CFOM is in use .
Any calls welcome , in any mode -CW/SSB /digital.
If you hear the signal we would appreciate any SWL reports .
Although at Apogee the return echoes are good , low spreading .
Taking -4dB reports from DL0SHF .

73
John
G0API
G4RFR EME Group

Andy G4JNT

At some point in the year the Az/El on the Moon will be exactly the same as QO-100.  SO  all those stations set up for the satellite will have a chance, for a few minutes, of decoding the DL0SHF beacon.
Now to find some Moon ephemeris software that allows that sort of back-calculation

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 at 09:54, John Fell <john.g0api@...> wrote:
[...]

On 1 July at 0330 (In the Southern UK) the Moon will be within 2 - 3 degrees of QO-100   at Az 146° / El 26°
There may well be other dates/times, but that's the first one I found.

°