Topics

10 GHz RSGB AC tonight

david656179

I could be out tonight for the first tests of my 10 ghz gear.  I will be at Thrufield IO92XA.  I have a few things to tidy up,  I have copied the local GB3CAM  via rain scatter so I know something is working.  I have received my TX signal on a Bernie Box and my HB power meter suggests over 100 mW at the waveguide to the PW penny feed dish so QRP really.  Frequency stability is not locked but good enough from tests I have done in shack (I know, top of hill is a different).

What is the calling frequency generally used?  I hope to have KST of some sort.  It would be nice for this "first" just to hear any stations, is there a list of who will be on?  I have copied some callsigns from previous contests and their locators and calculated bearings.  Should be able to do SW round to NE fairly well towards E path is obstructed and I know 1.3 ghz works but low signals from there.

David
G6KWA

G1DFL

Hi David,

Sounds a lot of fun! I'll be on 3, 6, 9cm from Walbury Hill tonight. Hope to find you on KST or Zello (SHF Chat).

Its going to be another wet and windy session unfortunately! Hopefully a few will still go out or be on from home.

.100 is the centre of activity on 3cm. Your best bet will be KST, or to tail end any QSOs you can hear. People normally listen before leaving GHz frequencies in case there are other QSOs to be had! ...So do call in!

Hope you get some QSOs, and always happy to try.

Regards..Pete
G1DFL

On Tue, 27 Oct 2020 at 9:55, david656179 via groups.io
<david.m.k@...> wrote:
[...]

Clive Elliott GW4MBS

I shall be around tonight for 3cm (4w 0.7m dish) from home. I can only get out with RS & it looks promising tonight. With rain I can work G4UVZ Taunton & hear SCX & KBQ, and that is firing into the hillside, so rain is a prerequisite.

Skeds, KST or 144.39
--
Clive GW4MBS (ex-G8ADP)
Pottering on 6m - 3cm in a valley in IO71XW where any QSO is a triumph of optimism over geography!

militaryoperator

G4BXD  IO82UJ

10Ghz       2.5W Horn

via: kst    19:30-22:30 depending on wx

David Law

I will be qrv from IO93PW again only on 3cm. Hope to meet you all later, it does look largely dry with showers about. Hopefully it will be the right kind of rain...!
73 G0LBK/P

Mark GM4ISM

Hi All

I can be QRV on and off this evening   if anyone wants to test please let me know Zello or KST

David, you are quite close, what's your take of like 315 ETN? and your 8 fig loc?

Mark GM4ISM

IO85AR56

50W to 35cm dish

On 27/10/2020 14:51, David Law wrote:
I will be qrv from IO93PW again only on 3cm. Hope to meet you all later, it does look largely dry with showers about. Hopefully it will be the right kind of rain...!
73 G0LBK/P

I should be on 3cm unless the wind gets a lot worse.

Forecast suggests isolated heavy showers over North Yorks, which could be good for RS into GM/GD/GI. South-west also looks good.

I am blocked by trees in the direction of IO91 and parts of 92, so will be looking for scatterpoints over towards Shropshire/GW.

Happy to do ultra-slow CW with lots of repeats for anyone who isn't a native CWer, or use the permitted digimodes for anyone so inclined.

I will always listen after completing a QSO on my run frequency before swinging the dish, and will try to remember to give a QSY frequency if it is someone else's run freq, so if you hear me in QSO,  please feel free to shout. I'm not doing any other bands, so it isn't like I'll be busy. I'm always happy to try even hopeless-seeming paths and wildly off-axis reflections and backscatter.

IO93NR08, 10 W to a 95 cm offset at 13 m agl, KST and Zello.

13cm, 50W,  location still to be decided.  Looking at the weather forecast, I don't fancy going too far up a hill ... but I am interested to try 13cm from a good spot.  I will be on KST.

On Tue, 27 Oct 2020 at 14:51, David Law <law1274@...> wrote:
I will be qrv from IO93PW again only on 3cm. Hope to meet you all later, it does look largely dry with showers about. Hopefully it will be the right kind of rain...!
73 G0LBK/P

militaryoperator

revised, winds look low enough

G4BXD  IO82UJ