Topics

10 GHz Portable Transceiver

Adrian G4UVZ

 10 GHz narrow band transceiver base on the famous ' White Box'

https://www.qsl.net/ve3hht/Download_Files/VE3SMA%20WHITEBOXrev2.pdf

Has a modified LNB preamp and a WDG PA. Changeover is by a chunky waveguide switch

I have tested it and it is very sensitive receiving SCX beacon .in my shack on the integral offset dish.

It transmits > 250 mwatts at 10 Ghz for 2 watts 2m input.

Operates on 12 Volts

Looking £125 plus carriage.

Adrian G4UVZ

Even as I type the rig is on it's way to a new home in the Cambridge area!

DAVID G4ASR

As it happens I was recently was given 2 x "White Boxes"  - never used and lots of WG17 guide (each piece circa 1 metre in length) and a large box of Andrew WG17-elliptical wg transitions and lots of other WG17 components. I turned down the huge coil of elliptical guide.

Is there any interest in WG17 out there?

73 David G4ASR

militaryoperator

Morning David

I’m preparing a 10G station but, being a numb-skull, I don’t know what is needed to get from my Kuhne G2 to WG and if it’s SMA/cable/SMA/transition if that would be as lossy as/more lossy than a short run of RG401 – I was planning on running the box right at the masthead/dish so probably a max of 500mm of the RG401.
Any advice is very welcome, please.  It’s all a very much unknown area for me at the moment.
Cheers for now, stay safe
Bob, G1ZJP / M1MHZ

DSCF3081.JPG
This is one of mine. This is in measuring mode. When in use transverter, in ali box,
is closer to dish feed and the cable from transition goes to box directly.

Ben G4BXD

neil whiting

Hi Bob,

I never used waveguide on my 3cm system, which worked very well.
I had a similar length of RG402 from the PA to the SMA on the feed, it didn't lose me much.
I actually put the preamp at the feed with the SMA relay, so didn't lose anything on RX.
Another length of RG402 took the preamp output back to the transverter box.

Good luck with your system.

73, Neil  G4BRK

On Thu, 15 Oct 2020 at 08:27, Bob_G1ZJP <R_Offer@...> wrote:

Morning David

I’m preparing a 10G station but, being a numb-skull, I don’t know what is needed to get from my Kuhne G2 to WG and if it’s SMA/cable/SMA/transition if that would be as lossy as/more lossy than a short run of RG401 – I was planning on running the box right at the masthead/dish so probably a max of 500mm of the RG401.

Any advice is very welcome, please.  It’s all a very much unknown area for me at the moment.

Cheers for now, stay safe

Bob, G1ZJP / M1MHZ

As it happens I was recently was given 2 x "White Boxes"  - never used and lots of WG17 guide (each piece circa 1 metre in length) and a large box of Andrew WG17-elliptical wg transitions and lots of other WG17 components. I turned down the huge coil of elliptical guide.

Is there any interest in WG17 out there?

73 David G4ASR

Paul G8AQA

Hi David,

I will be using WG17 on my EME system because the TWT PA,  and the feed are WG17.  I have WG17 switches. I will need to build a preamp and could do with couplers for testing.  I have plenty of E and H bends if anyone needs any.
Would a visit be possible with social distancing, quarantining and outside etc?  Need to choose good weather.

73
Paul