10 GHz 35W GaN PA devices arrived

Neil Smith G4DBN

Afte completing the EAR export authorisation paperwork and being £840 poorer, I am now the nervous owner of a pair of VERY fast, horribly expensive fuses.

Or, more accurately, GaN PA devices capable of about 42 watts out on 3cm (saturated).

Watch this space for updates and pictures of the smoking wreckage once I get the things under test.

Neil G4DBN

Denis Stanton G0OLX

Neil
£25 for my 25 Watt TWT doesn’t seem to bad compared to the QRK for a nice Fuse
Denis
G0OLX

On 7 May 2021, at 12:51, Neil Smith G4DBN <neil@...> wrote:

Afte completing the EAR export authorisation paperwork and being £840 poorer, I am now the nervous owner of a pair of VERY fast, horribly expensive fuses.

Or, more accurately, GaN PA devices capable of about 42 watts out on 3cm (saturated).

Watch this space for updates and pictures of the smoking wreckage once I get the things under test.

Neil G4DBN

<hgkpmdiedkakiaja.png>

Neil Smith G4DBN

In its defence, it is a very very fast fuse....

On 7 May 2021, at 12:51, Neil Smith G4DBN <neil@g4dbn.uk> wrote:

Afte completing the EAR export authorisation paperwork and being £840 poorer, I am now the nervous owner of a pair of VERY fast, horribly expensive fuses.

Or, more accurately, GaN PA devices capable of about 42 watts out on 3cm (saturated).

Watch this space for updates and pictures of the smoking wreckage once I get the things under test.

G1DFL

With those little beauties we might hear you in IO91 on 3cm Neil!! ;)

....You could burn a whole through your garden forest!!

Regards..Pete
G1DFL

On Fri, 7 May 2021 at 13:05, Neil Smith G4DBN
<neil@...> wrote:
In its defence, it is a very very fast fuse....

On 07/05/2021 12:56, Denis Stanton G0OLX wrote:
> Neil
> £25 for my 25 Watt TWT doesn’t seem to bad compared to the QRK for a
> nice Fuse
> Denis
> G0OLX
>

>> On 7 May 2021, at 12:51, Neil Smith G4DBN <neil@...> wrote:
>>

>> Afte completing the EAR export authorisation paperwork and being £840
>> poorer, I am now the nervous owner of a pair of VERY fast, horribly
>> expensive fuses.
>>
>> Or, more accurately, GaN PA devices capable of about 42 watts out on
>> 3cm (saturated).
>>
>> Watch this space for updates and pictures of the smoking wreckage
>> once I get the things under test.

Chris G0WUS

Roasting chestnuts pete lol

Sent from my Galaxy

<neil@...> wrote:
In its defence, it is a very very fast fuse....

On 07/05/2021 12:56, Denis Stanton G0OLX wrote:
> Neil
> £25 for my 25 Watt TWT doesn’t seem to bad compared to the QRK for a
> nice Fuse
> Denis
> G0OLX
>

>> On 7 May 2021, at 12:51, Neil Smith G4DBN <neil@...> wrote:
>>

>> Afte completing the EAR export authorisation paperwork and being £840
>> poorer, I am now the nervous owner of a pair of VERY fast, horribly
>> expensive fuses.
>>
>> Or, more accurately, GaN PA devices capable of about 42 watts out on
>> 3cm (saturated).
>>
>> Watch this space for updates and pictures of the smoking wreckage
>> once I get the things under test.

David Law

I'll bring the dish, you bring the amp and we can listen to ourselves off the moon!

geoffrey pike

None of the distributors seem to offer a 10+ price break which is a pity for a group purchase.
I think i would be putting an attenuator ahead of this device before putting RF into it, but it does seem almost
buyable for QRO 3cms
Good luck with it
cheers
Geoff
GI0GDP

On Friday, 7 May 2021, 12:51:28 BST, Neil Smith G4DBN <neil@...> wrote:

Afte completing the EAR export authorisation paperwork and being £840 poorer, I am now the nervous owner of a pair of VERY fast, horribly expensive fuses.

Or, more accurately, GaN PA devices capable of about 42 watts out on 3cm (saturated).

Watch this space for updates and pictures of the smoking wreckage once I get the things under test.

Neil G4DBN

Mihai, YO8RHM

Which pcb do you intend to use? The one in the datasheet?

Mihai YO8RHM

Neil Smith G4DBN

For the first test, I will make a new version of the one I designed for the CMPA801B025. I have many other projects in flight, so I don't expect to have a working version for several months.

Neil G4DBN