Re: microwave workshops

AC TALBOT

I was talking generally about technical matters and moving with the time and raising our profile by doing and publishing things - not just sitting on the frequencies once in a while and chatting

Andy

"Chris, G8BKE" wrote:

Surely its a means to an end Andy...if dropping in a more dB's of power or antenna gain or a
few less in NF suffices to make the contact then there is little incentive to try a different mode?
Maybe we
should have contests where SSB and CW is strictly forbidden and maximum power is 100mW?

> The LF community have made more technical advances in the last decade - with
> some respected work in the professional field too - than have microwaves.
> Where are we on spread spectrum, spectrum reuse, weak signal modes, coding
> etc. Thre's a few individuals pushing things, but they're mostly pros
> anyway.
> Instead, we just just bang on using linear modulation in narrow channels.

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: