Re: microwave workshops

Chris G8BKE

Surely its a means to an end Andy...if dropping in a more dB's of power or antenna gain or a
few less in NF suffices to make the contact then there is little incentive to try a different mode?
Maybe we
should have contests where SSB and CW is strictly forbidden and maximum power is 100mW?

The LF community have made more technical advances in the last decade - with
some respected work in the professional field too - than have microwaves.
Where are we on spread spectrum, spectrum reuse, weak signal modes, coding
etc. Thre's a few individuals pushing things, but they're mostly pros
anyway.
Instead, we just just bang on using linear modulation in narrow channels.