From: UKMicrowaves@groups.io [mailto:UKMicrowaves@groups.io] On Behalf Of David Hilton-Jones via groups.io
Sent: 20 July 2022 09:37
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] Enough is enough

Many tnx Rainer – I will play!

David

From: UKMicrowaves@groups.io [mailto:UKMicrowaves@groups.io] On Behalf Of DF6NA Rainer
Sent: 20 July 2022 08:31
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io

Hi David,

you can use this page:
https://home.hccnet.nl/uffe.noucha/weurope.htm

Enter your locator and can you get QTF and QRB to the scatter center.
Depending of the hight of the center (up tp 12km) you can reach a center
in up to ~400km. The center does not have to be between you and the other
station but could be on the side or even behind the station as long as it is
within the reach of both stations. When the center is close to you, you should
have elevation.

vy 73, Rainer

Am 20.07.2022 um 09:03 schrieb David Hilton-Jones via groups.io:

GM Clive

I’m relatively new to 3cm. I have a 1.8m dish and 20 watts for EME. For tropo a 60cm dish and 3 watts.

I have been on EME for about 9 months and worked 30 initials. The dish is offset, and I’m limited to elevation above ~20 degrees, so no use for tropo/RS/etc.

But on tropo I have much less experience and am very keen to experiment and learn more! In particular, I’d like to try rain scatter.

I can normally copy the Taunton beacon. Yesterday there was a band of rain between us. There was marked signal enhancement, with a lot of spreading.

I’d be very keen to try with you when we have some precipitation between us – and I’m sure you have more experience than I do, so very open to suggestions.

What I used yesterday, to see the rain between me and Taunton, was:

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/observation/rainfall-radar#?map=Rainfall&fcTime=1658263800&zoom=5&lon=-4.00&lat=55.01

but if there are any better facilities then please let me know.

73

David, G4YTL (IO92mb)