Re: Radar qrm?

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

Almost certainly the Clee Hill radar ... 1305MHz ... and "quite loud" ... well, assuming you think 82dBW is loud ...

On Mon, 23 May 2022 at 21:09, G0FVI via groups.io <Andrew.gilfillan=ntlworld.com@groups.io> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

I went out to my usual /p spot on 23cm last Tuesday working a few PAs who were complaining of radar qrm. I did noticeĀ  some strange noise that momentarily sent the 9700 into OVF (sglab preamp and a ztr filter), lasting a s fraction of a second, repeating frequently and almost sounding like someone speaking but rapidly being cut off. Not present when beaming north (towards GSM mast which used to cause me aggro) or elsewhere, is this radar qrm?