Re: Clarke Masts

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

I've always used silicon spray ... and I have trace heating tape wrapped around it, with a frost stat .. my biggest worry is it freezing with water in it and distorting the tubes ...

On Sat, 22 Jan 2022 at 01:18, Mark - M1MPW <bigfathairybiker@...> wrote:
Having spoken at length with Clark tech support, they recommend any engine oil as a lubricant for the SCAM 12 mast.
They also said that the seals will be fine with engine oil and will not deteriorate.
In fact they said the only time they have seen damaged seals was due to incorrect storage.
The requirement in the manual for silicon greaseĀ  was a MOD requirement and not a Clark one.