Re: GHz Bands column input requested

Denis Stanton G0OLX

Hi John
Having seen Peters reply
I am also now have EME TX capabilities and have so far made 5 contacts in 5 countries using Q65 60 D or E
Using a standard 1.2 metre offset dish and standard SPID RAS. 1 degree rotator mounted at 2.4 metres above ground which keeps the near field above people heads to meet the new Ofcom field strength standards!!!!!!
Kuhne Coaxial low noise preamp and a 22 Watt SSPA giving 15 Watts allowing for ferrite isolator, coaxial relay and leads and connectors
Feed is I0JXX, Sun noise is not brilliant 4 to 5 dB on a good day and moon noise about 0.2 dB
Finding the moon without the DL0SHF beacon is difficult but not impossible as most of contacts have been without the moon beacon which by the way is suffering from an Az El problem according to Per who is unable to fix due to bad weather conditions on site
Hope that may fill a few lines for you best 73
Denis
G0OLX

Kuhne G3 transverter

On 17 Jan 2022, at 11:27, Barry Chambers <b.chambers@...> wrote:

GM John

I have been doing some 122GHz tests with G0EWN and G4APV; best dx so far is 12km. More signal is in hand but initial dish alignment in bright sunlight is the problem at present. We have been using red light boxes as alignment aids but need bigger lenses in front of the Phlatlights so will have to dig out the old red light rigs which G0EWN and I still have from the "old days"!

As a diversion, I am also looking at fitting a QRSS1/3 decoder into my 30THz receivers as recording such slow cw by hand is very tedious. Yes, I know about PC software to read QRSS but want the 30THz system to be portable. The 30THz Rxs already have signal detection so a QRSS decoder only needs a software few timers and a buffer since it can also use the existing Rx LCD display.

73

Barry, G8AGN