Re: G3WDG Filters for 2 mtr to 10GHz receiver

SAM JEWELL

The original pipe caps for the original G3WDG transverter and 001 multiplier were made by Cyril, G3VVB, in his workshop in the west country. We managed to find someone (apologies, forgotten the callsign but lived in the Midlands) to silver plate them for next to no cost. Between them they must have made dozens of 'filters'. I recall that Mike then volunteered to make them when Cyril was no longer able to for health reasons.

73 de Sam, G4DDK

On 17 Jan 2022, at 10:49, Michael Scott via groups.io <g3lyp@...> wrote:

They were made from 3/4 inch brass rod, I know because I made several hundred for Charlie. Initially, I sent them for silver plating, but later on Charlie found that this was not necessary. The need dried up when people found that 1/2 inch copper pipe caps ( Stop ends in the UK ) worked as well.

73, Mike, G3LYP.

On 17/01/2022 09:08, Andy wrote:

Maybe a dumb question but are the sizes not in the instructions?  I remember there was a section about how to cut and mount the probes that solder to the PCB.  I'm fairly sure they'll be a standard pipe cap size and the top was drilled and tapped for an M4 tuning screw with lock nut.