Re: G3WDG Filters for 2 mtr to 10GHz receiver

Andy MM0FMF

Ah, it's 22 years since I built mine. Thinking now, I remember they were "shiny" and felt heavier than their size suggested.

From: UKMicrowaves@groups.io <UKMicrowaves@groups.io> on behalf of Robin Szemeti - G1YFG via groups.io <robin@...>
Sent: Monday, January 17, 2022 1:18 AM
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io <UKMicrowaves@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] G3WDG Filters for 2 mtr to 10GHz receiver

Hi Andy,

No they were turned from brass and silver plated, with a thicker top section for a bit more "purchase" for the M4 screw.

I have a lathe and some brass bar, and I even have some filters ... but they are all soldered down so unable to measure the internals.

I did however fix my DDK004 last night (having finally taken the last child back to uni) .. its only taken me 25 years or so to get around to that!