Re: Clarke Masts

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

I recall a similar issue with a BBC "links van" where the engineer of the day, when confused as to why the 144 MHz talkback aerial would not rise on its mast (which had all the locking rings tight) simply increased the pressure until "something happened".  A locking ring eventually decided enough was enough and threw in the towel, and with around 70 PSI behind it, the top section of the mast launched quite nicely ... no one was injured, but, it's easy to see how it could happen.

I have a frost stat and trace heating on my mast, What I *should* do is construct a sort of "inverted paint can" that shields the sections from rain when the mast is in the down position and position it betwixt the top section and the rotator spigot so it can stay in position.

On Sun, 9 Jan 2022 at 14:14, Robert G8RPI via groups.io <robert8rpi=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
Yes 1996 Al Jafr Jordan