Re: New Beacon F1ZUY 1296.980 in JN19BQ

Phil Guttridge G3TCU

A new beacon in F land is very welcome but sadly no sign of it here (IO91QE), yesterday or today, not even on the W/F.

73, Phil G3TCU

On 06/11/2021 10:12, John Lemay via groups.io wrote:

Hi John

Another John here ! Yes, it is QRV now, and pretty much on frequency.

John G4ZTR

From: UKMicrowaves@groups.io [mailto:UKMicrowaves@groups.io] On Behalf Of John Fell
Sent: 06 November 2021 10:00
To: UK Microwaves groups.io
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] New Beacon F1ZUY 1296.980 in JN19BQ

Hi John,

Just got round to looking for F1ZUY but am not seeing anything around that frequency .Probably obstructed locally .

Is it running now ?

73

John

G0API

On Fri, 5 Nov 2021 at 17:26, John Quarmby via groups.io <g3xdy=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

A new beacon has appeared from France on 23cm:

Callsign: F1ZUY
Frequency: 1296.980MHz nominal (about 979.7 as I write)
Locator: JN19BQ
Modulation: A1A
Power: 5W
Ant: Big Wheel

Even with my tower fully retracted it is 539 on peaks and audible 100%
of the time despite the antennas being at or below roof ridge height of
houses in that direction, so it should be audible over a fair area.

73

John G3XDY