Re: 10GHz Capable Sig Gen WB SG 1

jimbod1973 .

Hi All,

Thanks for the suggestions, the synth followed by a tripler sounds like a good idea and I'm not too worried if the output is not particularly clean as I only intend to use it for setting up the RX at this stage. Like you say it should be good enough to get me going.

Jim G0MPP

On Sun, Sep 12, 2021 at 11:06 AM Andy G4JNT <andy.g4jnt@...> wrote:
I did something similar, using an LMX2541 synth as the source and an under-run ERA-1 as the tripler.   The filter was an evanescent design built in WG20,  then the 10GHz amplified in a surplus module up to +22dBm for a personal beacon source.

JT4G modulation was added using direct programming of the synthesizer.

On Fri, 10 Sept 2021 at 19:44, Greg - ZL3IX <zl3ix@...> wrote:
I also needed a signal source to get going on 10 GHz. My solution was to use a tripler after an ADF 4350 synth module. The tripler I chose was the RMK-3-153 from MCL. It works very well over quite a wide band and gives around -10dBm out for + 11 dBm in, and 2Fin and 4Fin are both respectably low. I used one of the ERA series amps with suitable input attenuation to raise the level of the synth up to +11 dBm. I used a printed HPF at the output to attenuate the drive signal.

The multiplied output from the synth is not particularly clean, but it was good enough to get me going.