Re: Stretching the topic slightly for ADF4351 boards

Stefan

Hi John and all

I bought some a year ago and have not made much use of it. The XTAL is quite a bit of frequency If i recall 50khz out on the microwave freq unfortunately there is no provision to change the ref freq to 10Mhz on the unit unless someone is clever enough to connect to the ICSP header and modify the scrip. The USB connector is for 5V only. Spurs and phase noise is as expected avg.
As a portable source or a simple sig gen they are great!

Stefan VK4CSD 73

----- Original Message -----
UKMicrowaves@groups.io

To:
<UKMicrowaves@groups.io>
Cc:

Sent:
Mon, 06 Sep 2021 03:18:36 -0700
Subject:
Re: [UKMicrowaves] Stretching the topic slightly for ADF4351 boards

All Synthesists,
I noted this morning AliExpress is selling a programmable ADF synth board with LCD readout for under 10 GBP.  Needless to say this bargain is not deliverable to UK.
So as ever one checks the other sauce,  Banggood.  They have it there VAT paid.  £19.26  inc. shipping at todays exchange rate.  The pcb is different again to those we have become used to using however as you get a complete generator for not a lot more than the last black board I purchased I thought it worth a punt especially as I am get lazy to build these things.  Just ordered one from Banggood so unable to give a revue at this time but thouight it worth passing on the find for others also feeling build lazy.
AliExpress also do the same unit different supplier costing more than Banggood.
I am not seeing an explanation for the use of the USB socket.  On board ref frequency I have not seen either.  Stability might be suspect using the on board ref but could be a useful toy for ones experiments box.

If you check AliExpress as well as Banggood more pictures are shown with the board in more detail.
I have not had any difficulties buying from Banggood.  Its always worth comparing Bangood with AliExpress for price and sometimes items are ready to be shipped from UK but not this time.  Both suppliers can be cheaper than ePay at times.

73s John G8ACE

Email sent using Optus Webmail

Join UKMicrowaves@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.