Re: GB3GCT

Alan Melia

Tony this is/was a problem with BT but it is easily solved (well certinly in my case)

You may already have done this.....but maybe some missed previous descriptions I still see some bounced mails on the list I run but these are generally because the receiving ISP has tagged the mail incorrectly as spam.

Go to web-mail click on your address and click settings on the drop-down menu
select Mail on the LHS menu
then you will see a menu allowing you to block senders or domains
(make sure you did not block anything you want)
Then go to the lower item and set groups.io as a ''safe sender''

Without this it seems BT appliesa very aggressive heuristic decision on all incomming mails.
After doing this I got most mails through though some did land in thespam folder until they were approved.

Since doing this I have not been bouncing any list server mail distribution including time-nuts (febo) and mailman or other bulk senders

I have been receiving groups.io mail for severalyears not and I cant remember any nasties thathave crept though on any group (unlike Yahoo!)

Alan
G3NYK

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2021 5:19 PM
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] GB3GCT

In defence of John I had to switch to digest to avoid those continuous bounced message errors from groups.io.

I was continually having to unlock my account due to this group, others did not appear to be so problematic for some reason.
Since switching to the digest I have not been locked out for something like 2 years.....

Regards
Tony G4NBS

Join UKMicrowaves@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.