Re: My KST Experience today .......................

Andy G4JNT

Bearings are never 180 degrees apart.   Here's teh classic to think about:
One station is on the north pole, the other is elsewhere
The N-Pole station is ALWAYS on a bearing of 0 deg from the other, but what is the reciprocal in that case ?

On Mon, 28 Jun 2021 at 09:59, Dave via groups.io <davidnewman55=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Tried the kst2you link and it looks great. The only query is why the reciprocal bearings on such sites are never + or - 180degrees exactly as per the theory. The magnetic variation here is only 30 minutes so wouldn’t account for the differences , though of course other stations mag variation may be a lot larger I suppose.
73 Dave G4GLT.

On 28 Jun 2021, at 09:51, Robin Szemeti - G1YFG <robin@...> wrote:

Right, CQ pop-up thing done while I had my morning toast ... I fear that eats up my spare time for today, back to work!

On Mon, 28 Jun 2021 at 09:39, Robin Szemeti - G1YFG via groups.io <robin=redpoint.org.uk@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Noel,

On a really busy day, one of the problems with KST is if you are trying to chat with another user, the messages are all scrolling past ... the idea of the chat window was to ignore all that other stuff and let you just have a conversation with one user, uninterrupted by the other noise ...  I'll look at adding an "auto close chat after send" option for those that prefer to revert back to the main window.

It is slightly complicated as the chat window can be opened from either the map (click on a user, click chat), from the user list (click any callsign) or from the message log (click callsign) ... I'm not sure auto-closing makes sense in the user-list or map contexts.

On Mon, 28 Jun 2021 at 09:16, Noel G8GTZ <noel@...> wrote:
Hi Robin,

I do use your software and as far as I am concerned it is by far the best KST user interface - clean, modern, easy to understand, scalable to whatever size you want and works on a mobile phone!!

Appreciate it is very much a sideline for you and paid work takes priority but a couple of comments on the operation of the chat box.  When you click on a callsign to open the chat dialogue, can the cursor be placed in the chat window - you currently have to click again in the chat box.  Then when the message is sent, be good if the chat window was automatically closed.

Thanks again.
Noel - G8GTZ