From: "alwyn.seeds1" <a.seeds@...>
Date: 16/06/2021 15:13 (GMT+00:00)
To: "UK Microwaves groups.io" <UKMicrowaves@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] Unused Unloved K2RIW Amp

Dear Reg,

Yes, I have seen that the Eimac 3CX800A7s are now $1,200 each plus shipping, VAT and import charges.

The NOS batch I bought were a bit cheaper, but scarcely cheap.

Thus,  the impolite expression I uttered when I destroyed my first one by not using the heaters only conditioning trick

 reflected the pain to my wallet, as well as my surprise as I dodged the jet of flaming nichrome from the safety resistor.

Taught me a lesson, that I will not forget.

Anyone have recent experience of the Chinese ones sold under multiple brands including Thomson CSF?

Regards,

Alwyn

Alwyn Seeds, Director
SynOptika Ltd.,