Re: N plug solder for semi rigid

alwyn.seeds1

Dear Keith,

Coax-connectors are indeed UK based. I do not know where the connectors they sell are manufactured.

I note that performance data for the connectors they sell is not on their web-site, but has to be requested.

I have tested a few samples of their N connectors. I measured the return loss to be higher than for equivalent connectors made by Radiall, which are, of course more expensive.

A coaxial connector requires precision mechanical engineering and stringent materials selection- these do not come cheap.

When the applications for these connectors were primarily military, MIL-spec. connectors were commonly available and purchasing was straight-forward.

Those days are gone, so care is required, particularly for use above 1 GHz.

Regards,

Alwyn

Alwyn Seeds, Director
114 Beaufort Street (Management) Company Ltd.,
114 Beaufort Street,
London,
SW3 6BU

114 Beaufort Street (Management) Company Ltd., Registered in England and Wales: No. 02797775 Registered Office Address: 114 Beaufort Street, London, SW3 6BU