From: UKMicrowaves@groups.io <UKMicrowaves@groups.io> On Behalf Of alwyn.seeds1
Sent: 09 June 2021 08:52
To: UK Microwaves groups.io <UKMicrowaves@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] N plug solder for semi rigid

Dear Ben,

This is now a bit of a challenge.

Tyco moved their production to China and the designs are different from the ex-Greenpar ones.

There are many distributors of N connectors who are selling parts with poor design/poor tolerances- I have measured these and they show worse return loss than what used to be available.

Huber and Suhner are good, also Telegartner as a lower cost option, if they meet your spec.

Radiall have moved the production of a lot of their N connectors to China. I have measured some samples of these and they are within spec.

Cinch have introduced some low spec. ranges, check spec. carefully.

Likewise Amphenol.

So, I think you now have to check spec. very carefully, and do n’t be surprised if a connector that meets the MIL spec. to 12 GHz or 18 GHz is quite pricey.

So far as I know, there is no longer any manufacture of N connectors in the UK.

Regards,

Alwyn G8DOH

Alwyn Seeds, Director
SynOptika Ltd.,