Re: A quick lashup 2.3 to 3.4 GHz horn

KENT BRITAIN

I have perhaps a dozen Ridged horns of different sub-species.

Most have a ridge several millimeters wide.

But my 1-18 GHz one has the ridge ground to a fine edge along the top.

I think the fine edge helps the upper frequency limit.   How close you can make the
gap between the top and bottom ridges has a major effect on the upper frequency limit of the antenna.
Kent.

On Saturday, June 5, 2021, 05:13:38 PM CDT, Alan Beard <beardal@...> wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks guys for the pictures of commercial wide band horns but...

Can somebody answer the question please?

The ridge thickness, can it be thin, one sheet of sheet metal, say 1mm ?

(Just like the Vivaldi)

Does this affect the feed impedance?

Here is my SAAV2 scan.

Alan VK2ZIW

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 13:31:05 +0100, Andy G4JNT wrote
> Looks a bit like that, but it's smaller
> Mouth dimensions (internal)  104 x 69mm
>
> Andy
> www.g4jnt.com
>
> On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 at 13:16, Tim Hague M0AFJ via groups.io <m0afj=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
>

> Looks like a 1-18GHz horn similar to the ETS Lindgren / Emco 3115.
>
> Best Regards
> Tim Hague

Alan VK2ZIW
Before the Big Bang, God, Sela.