Re: poor night

militaryoperator

Hi Ben,
Put a 360 degree protractor around the pole (£1.74 WH Smiths) + pointer
Rotate it to calibrate on a beacon or the first station you hear and away you go
many more contacts.
Direction to point available on KST
                                    Graham G3VKV

Yes, an idea Graham. I do know where the cardinal points are but as you know, just because KST says xdeg one might get a better signal by being either side, reflection, incorrect location, width of a 6 figure reference and so on.

Still doesn't answer the problem of stations giving up on trying a qso simply because they couldn't hear my narrow beam signal after a few seconds listening, maybe not even on the right freq.

Still, its only a hobby, hi.

cheers, Ben.