Re: New world record on 30THz

Brian Howie GM4DIJ

On 24/05/2021 17:17, Barry Chambers wrote:
Hi Murray
thanks for your comments. I would guess that the sensors we are using are much cheaper/less sophisticated than the military/security ones?
73 Barry G8AGN
The ones I used were Mercury Cadmium Telluride cooled to 77K. Single element for laser range finding and arrays for thermal imagers. The arrays cost a fortune.

I've played with cheap uncooled pyro-electrics too. They're broad band. I think I might have some.

You might want to try the 3-5um band (60THz). I've used uncooled Lead Selenide there. A soldering iron makes a good source !.

Brian GM4DIJ

--
Brian