Re: New world record on 30THz

Barry Chambers

Hi Murray

thanks for your comments. I would guess that the sensors we are using are much cheaper/less sophisticated than the military/security ones?

73 Barry G8AGN

On 24/05/2021 14:30, Murray Niman wrote:
Well done on the latest effort

however as mentioned, 10um is extremely well characterised as LWIR is a key lowish loss window for some IR imagers for kilometres range

The interesting thing in future though is that instead of it being a thermal approach, technology is capable of true rf reception at these small wavelengths as nanoantennas and related developments make progress

73

  Murray G6JYB
Barry, G8AGN